A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Get paid for your hobby

Get paid for your hobby

Make money for your hobby I'm willing to pay $10-$20 on flash resume templates and willing to pay up to $100 for each webpage layout design. If you are interested let me know you can contact me at van4375@yahoo.com

moving to boardroom for a decision.
    "They're very much like scruffy pigs to look at, and they've got big, knobbly warts and lumps all over their long, hairy faces. They are very, very ugly indeed..."

Nyuk! Nyuk! Nyuk! Hey Moe... serpent star's Avatar
    I can tell you, for most of us in here, this is our livelyhood, not our hobby.

ahhhh well.... At least it aint freework.

lostboyca: how is it that u've got 0 posts even after posting in here?????

oh by the way.... iam interested.... but i don't actually undestand the whole thing!!!

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    Originally posted by emm_eye
    lostboyca: how is it that u've got 0 posts even after posting in here?????
    Because it was moved, not directly posted.

Originally posted by emm_eye

oh by the way.... iam interested.... but i don't actually undestand the whole thing!!!
    Sure, I think we could all use some extra details about how us 'hobbyists' might make a little more filthy lucre.
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

Originally posted by swampy
    moving to boardroom for a decision.
    To quote Strong Bad:

"Deleted!"

Sorry, $10-$20 for a template? This is my job, not a hobby.

Besides, my main hobby is officiating ice hockey, and i still make more at that than this guy is offering.

d.
    dlowe93

More details

Here are some web pages tha will be I'll be trying to compete. I just need layouts which are simple to edit with text and looks nice and cool. I understand that it's not a lot but it's a start better than doing it for free and posting it for free at least this way you will get paid. below are the links

http://www.wowresume.com/resume.cfm http://www.instant-flash-resumes.com/pick.htm http://www.flashresumes.biz/step1.html http://www.templatemonster.com/. Oh plus for me to pay. You will have to have a paypal account

Sorry mate, but what you're offering is unlikely to inspire any decent work. You weren't seriously expecting Grade A submissions, anyway, were you? I mean, there's generosity and then there's stupidity.

And if you think I'm being harsh, next time you're in the market for a car, go to the local Ford dealer and offer US$300 for the fully-loaded Focus sitting on the showroom floor. You'll see that my response was actually quite kind.

I understand what u are talkig about but here's the catch there's a lot of professional designs out there as well that will only cost me maybe twice was much but I'd rather pay someone who is doing it as a hobby so they can at least get paid. I'm not really looking for A quality designs. Just like everyone says you pay for what you get but before I pay I will view and decide.

Originally posted by lostboyca
    I understand what u are talkig about but here's the catch there's a lot of professional designs out there as well that will only cost me maybe twice was much but I'd rather pay someone who is doing it as a hobby so they can at least get paid. I'm not really looking for A quality designs. Just like everyone says you pay for what you get but before I pay I will view and decide.
    Oh gimme a break! You play it off like your a good guy just trying to help out the hobbiest. A real friggin humanitarian, just wanting to give the little guys a chance. Come off it! Let's call a spade a spade here and fess up to the fact that you're trying to take advantage of a depressed market by shelling out tuppence. Your trolling for an unemployed ringer. A gem on the cheap who needs to put food in his kids bellies so he'll take whatever scraps are thrown his way.

*seethes with anger at the audacity.

LOL... no matter what I say some people are just negative. If not interested then don't reply

fair enough.... To be helpful to your cause, I've heard India is a good place to find quality work on the cheap. Perhaps you would find some quality designs in your pricerange at a forum that caters to Flashers of India.

...If not interested then don't reply.
    I don't think that is a fair request, in this case. If what you post inspires or provokes a response, then by rights, a response should be given. Positive or negative, it doesn't matter. You assume the risk by what you post.

Not to mention, if there were no questioning responses here, then maybe some noob'd come in here and think that $20 is a slap up good deal for just about any piece of web work.
    Last edited by hurricaneone; 04-01-2003 at 04:14 PM.

Originally posted by hurricaneone
    Not to mention, if there were no questioning responses here, then maybe some noob'd come in here and think that $20 is a slap up good deal for just about any piece of web work.

i think that is what he's looking for...

if you want, i can probably find some ppl who are just starting out in freelancing and they MIGHT do this, but still. my first freelance job was a logo for $50. you cant expect someoen to go to 100x the work for less than 1/2 of that.
    Bill Erickson: resume | portfolio
    1 | 2 | 3 | 4
    Great Designs for $100

Just like everyone says you pay for what you get but before I pay I will view and decide.
    Normally I would pass over this kind of thread because I hate seeing people try to take advantage of beginners this way, but this statement you made really bothered me. You will only pay if you decide you like it? So in other words someone could design something and you won't like it and the work they did (even though it wouldn't bring in much), is worthless now. Never, NEVER do work for someone unless you have a contract and a down payment of a certain percent...

FK's Woman Chess Grand Master Seldudet's Avatar
    posts like these really annoy me! you seriously under value the work of designers and act like you are giving them a fair deal. As you say you can easily go to a 'pro' and get the work done for 'twice as much'. Then go and do it..good riddance to you i say. And another thing, there are alot of pros here, in addition to noobds, not everyone is just a 'hobbyist'....
    Speedy, easy recipes for penniless students:

Feed The Student

Who luvvvs the doughnut...I luvvv the doughnut !!

May I suggest you up your offer until someone likes the price...

it appears people don't like the value of their work to be undermined, which is what you seem to be doing with your price offer.

So offer a better price and keep offering, until someone says hey now that's more like it...

maybe if you're looking for hobbiests (kids), this should never have been posted here.

The boardroom is for professionals and budding professionals.

moved to the lounge to get the attention of some of our younger, less experienced flashers.

pm me if you disagree
    Living the dream

Originally posted by hurricaneone
    S
    And if you think I'm being harsh, next time you're in the market for a car, go to the local Ford dealer and offer US$300 for the fully-loaded Focus sitting on the showroom floor. You'll see that my response was actually quite kind.
    hey hey -- Ford Focus is not even worth $300

Developer
    The Bluegrass State Will Flash For Food ™
    My Ford Focus is worth plenty more than that, thank you