A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: School + 3DFA = Reg Prob

School + 3DFA = Reg Prob

I'm trying to use 3DFA for a website here (at school) (working under the assumption they'll let me). Won't this run into registration problems? (they do have Connectix VPC) Can I use a new registration code? Can I get one? Also, it appears this sofware attaches to the hard drive serial number... (ActiveLock?) So when I installed 3DFA on my 2nd drive (1st ones full) it shows as unregistered. Hmm. Bad. Can I fix this?

Thanks in advance!

(3DFA team responses requested, but if you know anyway, respond please)

P.S. If you use activelock, I'm a AL developer... Just thought you might want to know
    - AJcompany

Wisdom begins in wonder.
    - Socrates

hates sounds in preloaders.
    You get two registration numbers when you register... You can get your other one from the website. You'll have to input the computer number of the other computer.
    hurg.

G-Erm...

Hmm... See, this is why I was asking:

When I signed up, I got a license saying that I would be able to retrieve a registration number every week. This was to support cases such as mine (I guess). So, do I still have this priviliage even though the new license says that anyone buying the software now on doesn't? (I sure hope I do)

I, too, am a 3DFA user since it was "Flash Animator 2.5".
    - AJcompany

Wisdom begins in wonder.
    - Socrates

I guess I will be in the same boat then. I should be getting my new Dell today. I already have 3dfa on this computer and on my laptop. I will be switching everything over to my new computer from this one. So what you are saying, is that I will not be able to put 3dfa on the new one?

'''''''''''''''''
    No, you can always request a new registration number.

It is explained in your registration mail.

Malte

So I thought. But: (from 3dfa.com)
    If you reformat your hard drive, or if you buy a new computer, then your computer number will change. You may need to ask for a new registration number from our Update registration page. But our system only allows you to recieve two new registration numbers every 14 days per purchase.
    I signed up when this was 7 days, not 14. Do I still get this? (I don't really care, I just want to know) (now that I can get a new one)

I'm glad I checked the site, because I had thought I could only use two ever.
    - AJcompany

Wisdom begins in wonder.
    - Socrates

'''''''''''''''''
    I think there's no big difference. When I registered 3dfa they said the following:

Our customers can request a new registration number at any time, but our system only allows you to ask for one new registration number every 7 days per purchase.
    On one side it's ONE new number in 7 days on the other side it's TWO
    new numbers in 14 days.

Ah, I missed that clause.
    - AJcompany

Wisdom begins in wonder.
    - Socrates