dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Mac projectors and .swf files

Hybrid View

Mac projectors and .swf files

I have noticed many questions relating to my inquiry, but none that answer my specific problem, so I hope someone can help.

I am converting a Flash presentation that I made on my PC to make it compatible for Mac. I have saved the top file as a Mac projector (.hqx), and used a program suggested called CDEveryWhere to create the cross platform disc image.

The other movies which are launched from the initial projector file are .swf files and have successfully run from the initial projector file when used on PC. But they are not recognised when I burn them to disc and try to load them on a Mac. Do I need to decode them also durning the burning process, or do they all need to be converted to .hqx files? Or....? Suggestions?

Cheers to all in advance,
    Ness

Ness-
    Are you saying you're able to test the projector on a MAC and it doesn't work? It sounds like you're trying to run the hqx file. That is not the projector...it is only "stuffed". This is basically the same as a PC zipped file. If you export the projector on a PC it must stuff it so the file will be recognized on a MAC.

You need to unstuff the hqx and burn the CD on a MAC.
    Hope I'm understanding your question.
    -paul