A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: revamped site version 3

revamped site version 3

www.narcissedesigns.com

I just finished the new version to my website and was curious how slow it is on dial-ups and if anyone finds any broken links?

Thanks much
    Veronika

All the moving things get annoying. Also the rollover effect on the nav buttons grate after a while
    He was just a normal man 'till this cheeky little hormone called testosterone kicked in
    http://www.xtcf.com

construction criticism is always welcome but u are just plain rude

Lol, don't worry about people who say stuff you don't like.

I think your intro looks pretty good.
    The color theme flows really smoothly,
    and the music fits very well!!!
    I LOVE the snow effects, they look really pleasant and calming.
    I would suggest you have a rollover state color change for all the buttons. (Including the "start your tour" button).
    That way, people will notice the buttons more.
    Though some of the subpages are a little bit unorganized in layout, there's a variety of them and each of them are entertaining in their own way.

Great work.
    Cheers,
    Venio
    Flash Kit Moderator . Duke University
    Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology

thanks!

Thanks so much for the input. I agree with you on the button mouseover and I will change that right away...when you say a better layout of the inner pages did you have any suggestions? I like the idea but unsure how to mesh them better...
    Thanks
    Veronika

Nice Job

Hi Narcisse,

It is all very professional looking. As a photographer, what I liked the best is the images... first rate.

Notice one thing on a dial-up (apart from the obvious loooong download time!)... when your flash swf files are initially loaded onto the html page, the background is grey for a couple of seconds. I know this happens if I use dreamweaver to insert a flash image and don't set the page back-gound AND the flash background in the dreamweaver properties panel. This is all in addition to the background slelected in Swish!

Anyway, nice job,
    Cass.