dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Hey

Hey

I have been working on this site
    ->" http://www.dephektivparts.com "<-
    for about three weeks, now, in my spare time. Was inquiring as to if anyone is bored enough, if they could check it out and send an e-mail with opinions comments, suggestions, whatever have you. Thanks

On the enter button you have left the hit state as the text itself...

If you don't know what hit states are (you should) then...

Choose to edit your button and on the fourth frame create a new keyframe and draw a box over your text and this will create a larger area around the text that is clickable...

GET IT SORTED!!!
    "Wah wah wah Dorothy Parker wah wah wah" - hanratty21

Thank you

I've considered that, i know how to do that, easy stuff.
    I kinda like it, the way it is, but if you think it might be easier to navigate that way i'll consider it. Thank you.
    Any other considerations/ ideas, comments of improvement?
    I was considering adding a random loading background, to give it a bit more, er, "feel" to it, what do you think?

Bit more colour in the popup?

I like the thing that follows your cursor... it's easy to go wrong with them... you've done well...
    "Wah wah wah Dorothy Parker wah wah wah" - hanratty21

I think your site is OK if a bit too dark

Also I don't like sites whose navigation I either have to hunt for or in your case rollover every button to find out what is under them

Also there are a lot of ticking things on your site which while tech. good are a bit irritating after a bit. "Busy" seems to describe your effects. I would load the effects and then stop them,apart from the cursor line which is good because its different and not irritating

I say all this not as a designer but as someone that uses the web a lot in my work and I know what i want in a web site. If I am going to stay around long enough to find out about what its selling I need it to quickly tell me something and I am not sure your site does that.

LJD

I hate pop-ups, and u get one bad one as soon as u enetr you are like wtf is that like a matrix tv effect on half a screen.

other enter is too big and is in the left corner, I prefer on the center or down left or right whatever...

animation opening is like terminator website....

its a bit dark, try putting some colors in

other then that looks good

des
    www.mrmass.com

The only complaint i have is when i hit enter it went full screen on 800 x 600 screen with no way to close it. I cant stand that. consider all resolutions when using a pop up.

Wow alot of comments i am enjoying this emencly. Yes, i was going for a "Busy" feeling towards the site as well as dark, like i said i've been thinking of dinking around and adding a randomly loading background, which loads a background, thinking around maybe 10 different ones Randomly at entrance. So when you enter it'll choose between 10 different ones and it'll just stay there until exit and than at re-entrance a different one will load. Yeah as far as the "busy" feel i was thinking of at entrance it'll let you pick between maybe three of four different "skins" just the same thing just different looks.
    That "ticky" thing is a clock, a counter to kb's, and mouse position for the x and y.
    If you pay attention that pop up window is a disclaimer of sorts.
    The full screen window i thought of already like i said three, four different "Skins", i've been kicking around. What do you think of my future plans?

Thank you.

One other thing, "Terminator" no idea, i am not a big fan of the movie, how is it similar, may i ask to their web site? I'll go see if i can find it.

u know how u have those 2 lines opening your navigation, well I soon as i sew it I think of terminator site, not that is bad man, it looks good, i'm not trying to say you copy or **** like that its wicked man i like that opening dont get me wrong was a good comment

check it out

http://www.terminator3.com

peace

mrmass
    www.mrmass.com

Lines? Oh the Type cursor thing? Yeah, i checked out the terminator site, kinda $#%$#@ . That is a very unlikely coincidence, i mean i'm not a huge fan of the terminator movies, so i had no idea.
    I mean probability factors on that being a coincidence is astonishing. But i'm not changing a thing on my site. What do you think, if i may ask, of my ideas?