A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: SWF import into 3DFA Beta 3

SWF import into 3DFA Beta 3

Has anyone tried importing SWF files into a 3DFA movie yet? I'm particularly interested in SWF files generated using Swift3D and Swish. I've had some success with Swish, but certain features are ignored such as colour transitions, child movies and alpha, and when I try to export from 3DFA it crashes. Imported Swift3D SWF become totally useless.

Does anyone know if there are features that are not yet implemented in the SWF import and whether they will be or not?

hates sounds in preloaders.
    Let's hope there will be swf import in 3DFA v.4. I for one, don't need to edit the swf:s, jut import them into my movie... (not loadmovie) Isn't it like that in SWiSH?
    hurg.

Re: SWF import into 3DFA Beta 3

Originally posted by kenlynch
    Has anyone tried importing SWF files into a 3DFA movie yet? I'm particularly interested in SWF files generated using Swift3D and Swish. I've had some success with Swish, but certain features are
    I'd think Loadmovie would do what you need. I've loaded Swift3d movies no problem.

I'm not talking about dynamically loading a movie, I'm talking about importing an SWF file into the 3DFA movie at design time. It was possible in 3.72 and the option to do it in the beta version is there, it just doesn't always work as expected.