dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: foundstone.com - new 2A site

shane dont have to kinda of love them all
    i think whoever designed this site also put a lot of work into the HNC software site. i think the layouts are very similar.

Originally posted by pixelranger
    top internet security company out there who constantly finds the holes in Microsoft & other companies products and fixes them.
    I guess this answers someone else's question of what type of client this is. Shane, did 2A seek them out, or did they find you?

Shane...

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by fiuOY
    How do they do those scrollable areas within a frame.
    home/resources/Research Lab Advisories There you will see what I'm talking about. Any tutorial on this?

Thanks in advance
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thats an <iframe> tag

Shane do you know where I can learn how to work with <iframe>

thanks in advance

FK's 2A 'Rip' Agent

Originally posted by gdstudios
    I guess this answers someone else's question of what type of client this is. Shane, did 2A seek them out, or did they find you?
    We've actually been fortunate in that we haven't had to do much to actively 'seek out' new business. All of our client engagements are either generated from 2A Website traffic or by referrals. But as far as traditional active selling efforts, (i.e. Cold Calls, etc.), we don't do anything along these lines.

Generally, we receive a fair number of RFPs (Request for Proprosal)by fax or e-mail, other times we are contacted by the Advertising Agency (Such as JWT, Team One, Y&R, etc.), and others come from day-to-day phone calls and e-mails generated through the website.
    :: Tony Novak ::
    2Advanced Studios

http://www.2advanced.com/

Originally posted by tpnovak
    Generally, we receive a fair number of RFPs (Request for Proprosal)by fax or e-mail, other times we are contacted by the Advertising Agency (Such as JWT, Team One, Y&R, etc.), and others come from day-to-day phone calls and e-mails generated through the website.
    I'll bet many of those people requested proposals are shocked when you give them cost estimates. Or do they pretty much know what to expect? I would imagine that mom and pop type shops don't contact you, only larger outfits. Correct me if I'm wrong.

FK's 2A 'Rip' Agent

Originally posted by aversion
    I have it form a reliable source that this is one of tony novak's designs.
    You SO don't want to see one of my designs... I'm afraid that if I launch Photoshop; it will cause a disturbance in the Force... Quite possibly setting in motion a chain of events that eventually lead to world-wide chaos, mass destruction, and the end of everything 'Plaid' as we know it.
    2Advanced Studios

FK's 2A 'Rip' Agent

I'll bet many of those people requested proposals are shocked when you give them cost estimates. Or do they pretty much know what to expect? I would imagine that mom and pop type shops don't contact you, only larger outfits. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    In the big picture, we tend to be farily inexpensive by comparison to other competitor's in our space. When we are active in a pitch for a company like Foundstone (for example), it generally boils down to 2 or 3 finalists at the end of the process. It has been my practice not to lose a job based on price alone, and the cummulative result has been that we are typically in the 'middle' of the bidding range.

In other instances, the project budget is set in advance by the client, and it is up to the bidders to offer the greatest scope of work, design comps and/or value proposition in order to win the bid.

We have companies of all shapes and sizes contacting us, not just larger companies. For a great many people, there still exists a learning curve as to what differentiates design companies...
    2Advanced Studios

I thought it was in flash...

Originally posted by tpnovak
    In other instances, the project budget is set in advance by the client, and it is up to the bidders to offer the greatest scope of work, design comps and/or value proposition in order to win the bid.
    So a client will sometimes give you a budget they'd like to spend, and you have to tell them what you will and will not be able to do for that amount of money? Having had to do that myself on occassion, I know that can be an unpleasant task. Clients don't always like being told that because of the lack of money they're spending, certain cooler things cannot be done.

nice site

didn't like the clouds, why are they on a security site? decoration? what happened to meaningful decoration? is there a meaning? nice site none the less

*shrugs*

Re: Shane...

quote:
    How do they do those scrollable areas within a frame.
    home/resources/Research Lab Advisories There you will see what I'm talking about. Any tutorial on this?

Thanks in advance

thats an <iframe> tag

Shane do you know where I can learn how to work with <iframe>

thanks in advance
    http://www.google.com

The world is at your fingertips. Perform a search for an Iframe. You'll pull up all sorts of neat stuff. It's actually fairly simple. However, if you haven't worked with frames in the past, you might get somewhat confused.

Re: Re: Shane...

Originally posted by dj_sphere
    http://www.google.com

The world is at your fingertips. Perform a search for an Iframe. You'll pull up all sorts of neat stuff. It's actually fairly simple. However, if you haven't worked with frames in the past, you might get somewhat confused.
    That wasn't particularly helpful.

Here's a link for you to check out, fiuOY:

http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/...l?tw=authoring

*shrugs*
    http://www.spoono.com/tutorials/html/iframes/

I was just making a point. Why ask Shane for help, why not research it himself?

http://www.spoono.com/tutorials/html/iframes/

I was just making a point. Why ask Shane for help, why not research it himself?
    Psst. Some people just like seeking advice from 2A representatives. Many people, myself included, hold them in high regards.

iframes are pretty cool, but i wouldn't use them on generic sites unless you really need to. there are a lot of cross browser compatibility issues with them (netscape!) although the more recent versions do supposrt them.

Passionate about 2A pixelranger's Avatar
    http://www.blooberry.com/indexdot/history/netscape.htm

Netscape 4 version stopped being released almost 3 years ago. Time to forget about designing for it

*shrugs*
    Psst. Some people just like seeking advice from 2A representatives. Many people, myself included, hold them in high regards.
    Oh, don't get me wrong. I think 2A has done a TON of fine work. I was just saying that he would have probably found information alot faster on his own. That is all.

I think 2A has done a TON of fine work.
    Literally, a ton...a great company.

Psst. Shane? Tony? Version 4? Whenever you're ready fellas.
    Last edited by gdstudios; 04-09-2003 at 11:22 PM.

Smart stuff. Where's the video reel? I cant find it...

nice

daem nice site, very clean very nice, I hate that kid Andu Phenix or whats his name. He is so talanted, I wish I had skills like this. Great site, much respect.

BO BO BO, Respect
    How about some feedback on v2?

SigmaStudio v2