A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: checking a swf for actionscript

checking a swf for actionscript

trying to work out a method of allowing users to skin flash based executables. ideally they could open an FLA, modify the skin elements, and then republish it. the concern though is that i'm using third party tools that let the EXE access the host's file system, so allowing a user to skin a SWF that gets included in the EXE would then enable that user to add their own actions.

the question is then, is it possible to read the binary or source of the SWF, and then either strip all actions or simply reject it, when it is prompted to be loaded?

basically, all i need is a boolean returned, with which i can decide to reject the swf or not.

just need to be able to do string search for specific actions, or perhaps just ().

Hi,

I guess stripping all actions is not a good option (you would at least want your buttons to do something). Maybe you can find all places where geturl is called. However, if there is anything in the original movie that uses geturl with variables, it is possible to add code that will not really show up when checking the movie. There is a swf analyzer (with c source code) at www.fontimages.org.uk - you could probably strip the code to the point where it just balks on unexpected actions

Musicman