A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Help on loading movies.

Question

Actually I have 2 questions. I have Flash 4, when you decide you want to publish your movie (i just mean so it saves to your HD in the published format) how do you specify what directory on your computer you want to save it to? I dont see that option in Flash 4. And #2 when I use the "load movie" action, it asks for the URL..well what if im just working in Flash and I want the "load movie" action to just load up another flash movie off my hardrive.(for testing purposes) I guess this question goes along with the first one. I mean how do you test all of that without having to put it up on the web??

-The Almighty Mos Def

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Cool

Where ever you save your fla to will determine where your file is published.

As far as the second question just name the file in the commnad box with the .swf ext on the end. like this:

chicken.swf

and put it in the same directory as the main movie. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.
    <EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000100.swf" quality=high WIDTH=375 HEIGHT=75 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>