A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Smartphones & Flash

...in human form

Smartphones & Flash

So this month I gotta get a new cell phone. Trying to get the all in one smartphone type of thing. Looking at the Ericsson P800 right now, but wondering if it'll have a Flash Player. I gotta have the Flash. Anyone know of any other do it all phones. Gotta have PDA, web access, email, media player and of course Flash.
    Incarnations

If it uses Pocket PC 2002...yes.

the P800 uses Symbian, so not sure bout the Flash...
    Blog
    What's your $@~**** problem?

The Minister of No Crap

Sorry, but that thing doesn't support Flash... or is it that Flash doesn't support it? Anyway, no Flash on that phone.

Scott
    Scottmanning.com

Re: Smartphones & Flash

Originally posted by incarnate
    So this month I gotta get a new cell phone. Trying to get the all in one smartphone type of thing. Looking at the Ericsson P800 right now, but wondering if it'll have a Flash Player. I gotta have the Flash. Anyone know of any other do it all phones. Gotta have PDA, web access, email, media player and of course Flash.
    why don't you get a PDA with a phone functionality, rather than the other way around? palm's have flash installed and you can get one with a phone in it.

I don't know wether you're in the UK (or Ireland, Belgium or The Netherlands for that matter) or not, but if you are - Mobile ISP O2 has a great deal on the O2 XDA, a pocket PC 2002 with all the functionalities of a phone and a PDA.
    hello.

...in human form
    One thing is I'm a mac person and so need something which will be able to sync with my Mac. Even more, I can't stand MS and refuse to use anything that they earn money on, in other words no Pocket PC for me. It's a bit harsh, but it's my story and I'm sticking to it. What is the best Palm device with phone capabilities.
    Incarnations

The Minister of No Crap

Even more, I can't stand MS and refuse to use anything that they earn money on, in other words no Pocket PC for me. It's a bit harsh, but it's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    If only the rest of us could have such strong convictions. The only problem I have with making a commitment like that is I'd be out of job.

Scott

...in human form
    Originally posted by nocrapchurch
    If only the rest of us could have such strong convictions. The only problem I have with making a commitment like that is I'd be out of job.

Scott
    Yeah I know but please don't take it personal. I don't. I respect you as an individual and respect your rights. I hope you respect me and mine.
    Incarnations

FK's Official A&A Addict
    One thing is I'm a mac person and so need something which will be able to sync with my Mac. Even more, I can't stand MS and refuse to use anything that they earn money on, in other words no Pocket PC for me. It's a bit harsh, but it's my story and I'm sticking to it. What is the best Palm device with phone capabilities.

Tungsten W is a nice pda with phone functionality... but... you don't want to put that thing near your ear... doesn't look righ try a handsfree kit

Mom said "make me a Mod" el-Ignoramus's Avatar
    OK how about If I need a PDA with Microsoft documents support, and blue tooth, also MMS and a camera would be a plus. Oooh and Flash supoort is essential, now, if money is of no issue, also size, what would be the best to buy?

triple band would be great too, is it out there or am I just dreaming?

p800

there is a beta flash player for the p800 called flashPlay, it supports v4 at the mo.

also mobiclip www.mobiclip.com convert swf to .mo to view animation and stuff.

all pretty funky stuff.

I plan to live forever or die trying
    How about getting one of the new '3' phones?

Has a lot of PDA functions (including mp3 and MPEG4 player), plus flash and highspeed net access (384 kbps)

http://3.dk/templates/service2.aspx?id=23870

http://3.dk/templates/SuperPage.aspx?id=23647

(sorry about the danish links)

"What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.

Mom said "make me a Mod" el-Ignoramus's Avatar

I love you

Now to convince them at work to buy the Flash Lite