A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: ?s: Swish2 and XP, and sprite controls

?s: Swish2 and XP, and sprite controls

I just got a new computer with XP Home on it. I would like to download Swish 2 on it but am wondering if it is compatible with XP?

My second question is I would like to take an animated gif and convert to sprite. I found a tutorial on how to do this at swish-tutorials.com. My question is that I've seen people ask about adding controls to the sprites (formerly animated gifs); do I need to add controls to run them? I would prefer to have them loop continuously for my project . . . is this possible?

Thanks.

swish 2 should work fine on XP. i use it on Win2000 and they are similar in their design, although, from what i have read XP can be a little fussy sometimes, but if you run into any trouble, someone here has probably already had the same problem and will be quick to help you.

as for your gif to sprite conversion. just use the import compand on the file menu and select the file to import. you will be given a box asking you which frames of the gif you wish to import. select them all if you want the whole animation imported. this will automatically convert it into a sprite which you can rename and use as any other sprite. i have found personally, that sometimes, you have to fiddle around a little with the placement of the frames to get the speed you are looking for. just go to the sprite and add or delete frames between each of the image frames (frames is a confusing word in this instance as the timeline uses frames and when the gif file is imported, it calls each separate image a frame) but you just want to adjust the space between each picture to adjust the speed. you may not need to make any adjustments at all.

thanks
    mike
    I don't know what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future.

Looping

Will the animations have continual looping? Or do I need to add some kind of control or multiple sprites.

Re: Looping

Originally posted by Ladylogic
    Will the animations have continual looping? Or do I need to add some kind of control or multiple sprites.
    When you import the animated gif into Swish it will be converted into a sprite, with the various frames of teh gif animation as individual shapes in the sprite (be sure to import all frames). On the sprite panel check loop and it will go forever.

Cheers,

Flick

Re: Re: Looping

Originally posted by wcoleman
    When you import the animated gif into Swish it will be converted into a sprite, with the various frames of the gif animation as individual shapes in the sprite (be sure to import all frames). On the sprite panel check loop and it will go forever.

Cheers,

Flick