A Flash Developer Resource Site

View Poll Results: How long is your pc running?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 hour

0 0%
  • 2 hours

0 0%
  • 5 hours

2 4.35%
  • 10 hours

10 21.74%
  • 1 day

4 8.70%
  • 2 days

2 4.35%
  • 3 days

3 6.52%
  • 1 week

4 8.70%
  • 2 weeks

6 13.04%
  • endless power

15 32.61%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long is your pc running on average?

How long is your pc running on average?

I just wonder, Since windows doesnt crashes as often anymore (almost never) I would like to have an idea how long you guys let your pc run. And with PC i mean desktop computers, not your servers.

I reboot mine let's say every 1-2 weeks

Check my footer for my server uptime, and this PC has been up for around 10 days. Also, that lil' 75MHz I got runnin' Linux has been up as long as my server

I must say that I have never worked out what the problem is with having to shut down Windows so often!
    This machine has been running for oh lemme see - 5 weeks now, thats since a new install of SE as I managed to totally corrupt my reg (silly me forgot to back it up first before making a few 'tweaks'!)!

But I Havent had to shut down at all!
    ame when I was running 2k Pro - in my last job I had a 2k Pro WorkHorse system running for 15 & 1/2 months without so much as a reboot!
    Been a while since I was here! Might just stay around this time! | Check out my Deviations - all comments welcomed!

i go weeks without a reboot at home, but at work i am 'supposed' to reboot every night. windows hasn't been a crasher since Win2K came out - the blue screen of death is no more.....

Ah, these boys is all swelled up. So this was earlier...getting set to trade. Then, woooaaah differences.
    Blog ¤ Photos ¤ Book

Señor member
    Originally posted by nordberg
    i go weeks without a reboot at home, but at work i am 'supposed' to reboot every night. windows hasn't been a crasher since Win2K came out - the blue screen of death is no more.....
    likewise, I sometimes switch it off daily or if I'm going away or something but other times I'll leave it running for weeks (win 2k)
    Company, Meet Creative
    ------------------------
    welcomebrand

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    Does no one follow the 10-12 hour day, shutdown machine, sleep, get up, make coffee, power up machine, drink coffee reading FK schedule anymore?
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

Developer
    The Bluegrass State Will Flash For Food ™
    I have it on from ~5:30am to 1am. I'm currently not serving anything that needs to be on all the time, so I do a shutdown before I go to sleep.

My laptop: As long as it doesn't crash (between 2 and 48 hours)
    The new laptop: As long as I need it to run (between 4 and 12 hours)
    The work machine: 8 days and counting

My PS2 running Linux: Very short

I'd run mine constantly.

But every now and then I install something requires a restart...so it makes it impractical to go after uptime records

The other problem is I get paranoid during thunderstorms.

Otherwise I'd try to beat Mr. Nerd.

Clif

I'd be at 110 if I didn't rub against my power button (I am still mad about that!)

lol..yes

Until i get a new fan, i oughta shut down my box every day. otherwise it just overheats and shuts down by itself. every morning, i boot it up again, and go read the daily fk.

Win2K - 15-17 days as a desktop only running MS Applications. 72 days as a server.

XP- locks up on me every 5'th or 6'th day. Likewise I've had it less than a month and have had to roll back twice.

98 SE I used to leave up for months at a time and that was with me installing and running games gallore.

I use WinXP on 2 PCs and it's on all the time.. at work I use Win2k and WinNT.. not too impressed with Win2k, have to reboot alot, WinNT i can leave up forever.

five hours a day

Originally posted by fospher.com
    Until i get a new fan, i oughta shut down my box every day. otherwise it just overheats and shuts down by itself. every morning, i boot it up again, and go read the daily fk.
    Yup
    I must admit I rolled back from 2000 Professional to 98 Second Ed as a workhorse - much more stable for what I do.
    Must admit though, just reinstalled Illustrator and had my forst crash in weeks
    Maybe because I was playing Star Trek Aramda 2 at the same time though so Im not that fussed!
    Been a while since I was here! Might just stay around this time! | Check out my Deviations - all comments welcomed!

Originally posted by TheEnigma

Maybe because I was playing Star Trek Aramda 2 at the same time though so Im not that fussed!
    Nooo, it cant be that - sarcastic -

I seem to have to lower my score down. Win xp just gave me a blue screen a half hour ago And my pc is running verry slow since then. Ah well, I just love a simple command like format c:\

FK's Super Loquacious Randomite ad_mtk2's Avatar

Re: How long is your pc running on average?

Originally posted by I_am_Tarzan
    I would like to have an idea how long you guys let your pc run.
    well, since i bought it some new trainers, its been able to run a lot. But it keeps asking me to buy it a snazzy shell suit. I told it that it would just look very silly running down the road in a shell suit, but i am worried that if i don't buy the shell suit it'll stop running. What shall i do?!

I'm obviously not a hard core computer user as mine is only on for an average of 5 hours a day. But i also pay the electricity bill, so you can't blame me.

Originally posted by I_am_Tarzan
    Nooo, it cant be that - sarcastic -

I seem to have to lower my score down. Win xp just gave me a blue screen a half hour ago And my pc is running verry slow since then. Ah well, I just love a simple command like format c:\
    BSOD could very well be a hardware failure.. possible something wrong with your hardware. Great think about BSOD if you know how to read them they make it easy to find the sourse of the problem.