A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: kimpire.com - Kimpire

Tacky. Just like all the other sites WhosWe did for Kimble for free.

Whats with the network of business off of that one site.
    I dont like any of them because like the above post...they are tacky.
    UPS' official RIPP-OFF
    See full complaint here > www.actionfx.net/complaint.htm

is it me, or is he very inconsistant.

Originally posted by PaulAmbrose
    Tacky. Just like all the other sites WhosWe did for Kimble for free.
    Check out the source:

>Site by NRG.BE -- http://www.nrg.be

Passionate about 2A pixelranger's Avatar
    NRG had nothing to do with this site. He did a site for Kimble years ago and never got paid by the guy.

I talked with him the other day about these very sites and he had nothing to do with them at all. WhosWe is a partner of Kimble and they re-used NRG's Frames code and also kept those comments in because I'm guessing they still want the fame of being associated with NRG. Maybe WhosWe doesn't want to claim they did all of those sites. That's just a guess though.

If you notice, Trendax and Kimpany both have the same footer copyright frame.

If you care to confirm this you can always e-mail NRG at info@nrg.be

Shane
    www.pixelranger.com

w w w . t h e o r y 7 . c o m nevil's Avatar
    100% respect for NRG, there site(still unchanged) is the reason I got into flash.

Originally posted by nevil
    100% respect for NRG, there site(still unchanged) is the reason I got into flash.
    yup much respect
    "Be quiet, Brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-tip" -Homer
    "Whos your daddy and what does he do?" -Arnold S.

Why you post this crap here?
    Nothing cool here.

One of his many faces

Originally posted by nevil
    That exactly the same with me, nrg his site inspired me to go and work with flash. His site is still really good, even though it's about 4 years old. Total respect!

Ontopic: I dont know what to think about all that kimble stuff.
    Last edited by [3S]; 04-16-2003 at 08:41 AM.
    .___________// Dries Schaballie .___________//SEVENEDGE.BE // Interactive media. .___________//DSDESIGN.BE // Personal design portfolio.

Originally posted by pixelranger
    NRG had nothing to do with this site. He did a site for Kimble years ago and never got paid by the guy.

I talked with him the other day about these very sites and he had nothing to do with them at all. WhosWe is a partner of Kimble and they re-used NRG's Frames code and also kept those comments in because I'm guessing they still want the fame of being associated with NRG. Maybe WhosWe doesn't want to claim they did all of those sites. That's just a guess though.

If you notice, Trendax and Kimpany both have the same footer copyright frame.

If you care to confirm this you can always e-mail NRG at info@nrg.be

Shane
    www.pixelranger.com
    You know Shane... there is a saying that fish die by the mouth. I advise you get information straight from the horse's mouth before releasing slander like that. My brother happens to talk to the guys at Who's We often. Yes, they did do the Trendax site and got paid very well for it. As for Who's We needing to ride NRG's coat tail by using regurgitated code... I happen to know that Kimble's Admin places all copyright text on all of Kimble's sites himself. I seriously don't think Who's We needs any sort of fame associated with NRG to become successful... after all... I hear NRG pointed out Who's We to Kimble. And NO... Who's We is NOT Kimble's partner.

And as for Paul Ambrose... dude... really... you're such a hater you make it so obvious. I saw you talking sh*t about Who's We on NT and I didnt say anything because you seriously made a fool out of yourself. You claim to know so much but case is, you love talking out of your arse to boost your own personal ego. Half of the stuff I've seen you post about Who's We here and on NT is completely fabricated quite simply to hate on them... and Who's We isn't even my own personal favorite web site. So what does that tell you? Please bro... I've seen this before even when the 2A bashings begin... True, it's fine to have an opinion... but you're a straight up hater with a geocities site that has nothing to do with his time with his dad's broadband connection other than to hate on other's work. The design community has really taken a nose dive in the past year or so... so much hate... and you wonder why people like Eric Jordan don't post any more.

bet

That's an interesting read there PPS_MX.
    Originally posted by PPS_MX
    The design community has really taken a nose dive in the past year or so... so much hate...
    I definatly agee with you on that one, maybe it's because some people are jealous on succes and that's why they are full of hate, who will tell?
    .___________// Dries Schaballie .___________//SEVENEDGE.BE // Interactive media. .___________//DSDESIGN.BE // Personal design portfolio.

You know Shane... there is a saying that fish die by the mouth. I advise you get information straight from the horse's mouth before releasing slander like that.
    ... said the guy who heard stuff from his brother who thinks he's talking to K admins, and heard NRG is pointing other designers to his clients.

That really sounded straight from the horse's mouth

The design community has really taken a nose dive in the past year or so... so much hate...
    The hate mainly comes from fresh designers who enter the field with no background experience. Most 'famous' sites where build by companies or individuals who have at least 5 years graphical experience, in print and/or video. There's a big gap between creative professionals and kids who just downloaded Flash from a warez site.

Originally posted by hello2all
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/7/30185.html
    so WHOSWE is doing sites for investment scams right or am i missing something

Where is http://www.whoswe.com/ ?

Been down for ages again.

FK's Osirus
    ur computer screen Chars Viewed: 127,417,094 Total Posts Viewed: 61,825 Total Threads Viewed: 12,598
    Hey does anyone know how they made that menu effect on the Kimble site? I've tried doing it b4 but never had any luck with it.

I thought they used certain effects in photoshop and saved them as jpgs each one slightly different from the other.

Does anyone know what effect they used?
    
    
    

Originally posted by korcian
    Hey does anyone know how they made that menu effect on the Kimble site? I've tried doing it b4 but never had any luck with it.

I thought they used certain effects in photoshop and saved them as jpgs each one slightly different from the other.

Does anyone know what effect they used?

der *cough ba *cough uer *cough rip
    Last edited by FLASHLEVEL; 04-21-2003 at 11:28 AM.
    Dash / FL

FK's Osirus
    ur computer screen Chars Viewed: 127,417,094 Total Posts Viewed: 61,825 Total Threads Viewed: 12,598
    derbauer, yep same effect used here. Anyone know how it's done? What effect used in photoshop?
    
    
    