A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: slow loading

slow loading

OK I have created an intro for my web site.

Through dreamweaver I have attacted the flash piece onto index.html and everything is working fine on preview.

I have loaded it onto the web and it takes ages to load the page.

How can I speed the loading time up. It's not very big as in image and I have used layers on the web page so It is only a relative small.

here is the file......
    Attached Files Attached Files

looking at it throught the web will never be as fast as looking at it locally on your own machine. you also have to take into account whether you are using 56k modem or adsl. sorry if this is patronising, i don't mean to be, i just don't know how much you know.

what is the file size of your swf file? it is all relative - some people are happy to wait for a 1MB file to load if they know it is going to be good (i think the current GMUNK site is something daft like 7MB) but other people will complain if they have to wait for much more than 100k. as long as you put something on the preload (if you need one) that says the file size then people will know roughly how long they are going to have to wait.
    [swf width="300" height="40" background="#ffffff"]http://www.julian.livsey.btinternet.co.uk/banner4flashkit.swf[/swf]