A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Full Screen Movies with FS commands...

Talking

Ive done some reading but have come to a brick wall trying to make my movie launch as a full screen movie on my site. I have tried the FS actions placed in the first frame of my movie but it still launches in regular size when i browse.

The message is also set to "true" within the actions. Where do i put the action to make the player open fullscreen if not in the first frame? Do all the first frames of my first scene have to have the action put in them?

Also my html publish settings are set to FStype flash movie. STill no go...

Please advize as to a step by step process.
    Including publishing.

Ps im using Net Objects 5.o to publish my pages. Any insight about this too would be appreciated

Thanks
    FIp

My understanding of the FS commands is that they are to be used for a projector (.exe) not for the web (html). I had a similar problem several weeks ago when creating a CD. Yes, the FS full screen, true action is inserted into the first frame of your base page. I used the load movie action and all the other linked movies come up as full screen. I have also tried putting the FS command in a button and this also works. Currently, I am editing a web site and this command does not seem to work for html. If you want the movie to fill the screen, under publish settings, HTML, select percent rather than match movie of pixels which will keep you movie to the defined size it was created (ie. 640x480).

If you are producing a CD, you can either create a .swf movie using File, Export or you can use File, Publish. But if you have placed a FS full screen action into your base movie, use the File, Publish, Projector setting only because you can't do it otherwise from your .swf movie create with File, Export (the active buttons on top are gone!)

Hope this helped

The "FS Command" refers mainly to Flash/JavaScript communication, but can be used to control the flash standalone projector with limited commands. These commands include lanching the projector fullscreen, but they do not work inside or have any effect when publishing for a browser.

If you want to launch a BROWSER fullscreen, you will have to use Javascript inside your HTML document to make the browser go fullscreen. This really has nothing do with the flash publish settings or the flash document itself. You could just as well launch a regular html doc fullscreen if you wanted.

Anyway, the *general* idea behind making the browser go fullscreen is this:

To start with, you will need two html documents. (say, call them doc1 and doc2) Doc1 will be the first page you load and will have the Javascript in it to make doc2 go fullscreen. The javascript in doc1 will check to see which browser and operating system the user has, then make a new (fullscreen) popup window with doc2 in it.

Doc2 will be the regular html document that your flash movie is imbedded. Nothing differnt about doc2 --same as if you used the publish function in flash. You will however, have to put in a link or button in doc2 to close the fullscreen window.

Ok, that's the basic idea. You can find the actual Javascript code in a differnt post on this board.(sorry, I didnt want to repost it or go find it... it was very long). Just go to the search tab at the top of this page and search the message board for "full screen" or something like that. It was only a few days ago.

Another good place to find fullscreen/popup info is at http://www.moock.org/webdesign/flash/ . Halfway down the page they cover javascript popups and fullscreen.

Unhappy

Well i visited the link at mook or what ever it was, and tried all the ideas he had for linking the flash movie from Get URL commnand within flash. (#2 On that page)

Im able to open a new page when the movie is launched so it seems to work there, except when the window launches its blank and not full screen. I placed the html in the page as instructed and created the trigger within the GET URL command. Still no go. What am i missing here?

You said somethin about two pages being created? I inserted the html into the same page as my flash movie is on. And my target for GET URL was that page? I tried to paste that HTML into another page as you suggested to make that page launch the flash page. But still no go. The first page with the HTMl loaded but nothing happened after that, the flash page never loaded from doc1. etc

Ok, to get you started...
    here is a bit of javascript from Mad-sci.

Just make this into a seperate HTML document and sub in the name of your flash movie HTML for "STOCKS.html" below.

I didnt write this so if you have any questions go ahead and ask Mad-sci.

Good luck.

&lt HTML &gt
    &lt HEAD&gt
    &lt /HEAD&gt
    &lt SCRIPT LANGUAGE="Javascript"&gt
    &lt !-- //

function intro()
    {
    if ((navigator.appVersion.indexOf("Mac")!=-1) &&
    (navigator.userAgent.indexOf("MSIE")!=-1) &&
    (parseInt(navigator.appVersion)==4))
    {
    skip()
    }
    else
    {
    popup()
    }

}
    function skip()
    {
    location.href="STOCKS.html";
    }
    function popup()
    {
    version = parseFloat(navigator.appVersion.substring(navigato r.appVersion.indexOf('.')-1,navigator.appVersion.length));
    if (version &gt= 4)
    version = parseFloat(navigator.appVersion.substring(navigato r.appVersion.indexOf('.')-1,navigator.appVersion.length));
    if (version &gt= 4)

{
    if (navigator.appName=="Netscape")
    {

}
    if (navigator.appName=="Microsoft Internet Explorer")
    {
    window.open("STOCKS.html","screen","fullscreen=yes ");
    }
    }
    else
    {
    }

}
    // --&gt
    &lt /SCRIPT&gt
    &lt BODY LINK="#000000" BGCOLOR="#000000" onLoad="intro()"&gt

&lt /BODY&gt
    &lt !-- Copyright 1999 FlashGen.Com info@flashgen.com If you wanna submit work to FlashGen.Com, send your emails to: info@flashgen.com--&gt
    &lt /HTML&gt

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Try this code

Get URL ("javascript:;window.open('openwin.html',new Date().getSeconds(),'width=480,height=216'); location.href='#';")
    End On

change the code to the desired page and window size. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.
    <EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000100.swf" quality=high WIDTH=375 HEIGHT=75 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>

Red face

#1 Homer works at a nuke plant..

Sooo, any of you get that fullscreen=1
    to work in ie4-5? Just wondering moock said it was a simple fix for ie fullscreen. Gets rid of everything supposed to replace fullscreen=0 So far hasnt worked for me tho
    anyone else? Also I included all those parameters for the other browsers to account for fullscreen etc etc in that html that your supposed to paste in the page that the Gurl triggers

Ok so let me get this right. I have to make a seperate page other then my flash movie page to load and then launch my fullscreen flash page from scripts in the html of that first page? And the various scripts given need to be placed on that first page? Is it me or does anyone else think there has to be a better and easier way.. ?

Hey we need to chat on ICQ.. anyone interested 12780343 is my number, drop me a line and ill add you. I think that way would be sooo much faster.

Thanks for the help thus far ill experiment some more tomm.

Wink

the easiest way is to just copy and past from sites that allready invented the wheel instead of reinventing it on your own
    for example visit: http://www.cybertage.ic24.net/flash/default.htm
    look at the source code and adjust it for your own site :-) also don't forget to make a close window button because they can't close it whith the cross button of the browser. Once again you could take the source code of this page: http://www.cybertage.ic24.net/flash/close.htm
    copy that to your own close.htm and put the action get url = close.htm in your flash site close button :-) good luck with it. I learned this from GrandmasterFlash also a member of the flashkit site. It helped me and it should help you too. Bye for now
    Michel Staal
    and if you don't want to cut and paste you could write it yourselve but then you've got an example on how to do it :-)