A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: - possible MSIE5.5+ bug

- possible MSIE5.5+ bug

in short (read the detail below if you want), please test my attachment. its just a button. press it and it should open a popup (if your in the debug enviroment it will open one browser and then execure the function in that browser) this should probably apply to just users using MSIE5 (MSIE5.5 in particular). if it doesnt work please speak out.

Thankyou very mucho

this should apply to about 40% of all MSIE users (version 5+ of MSIE)

about a year ago i was testing a flash popup function. i was using ie5. i updated to ie5.5 some time later, and a some months after that i was messing around with my popup function (which uses an embeded function in the url, so there was no need for a function in the head of the html), it didnt work.

i didnt think anything more of the matter.

now im faced with a problem. should i use the embeded function URL which would save me some hassle with this project for a client? there seems to be a bug. id like to make sure. ive been searching for an hour and there seems to be only two reported cases of this (one on this board, one on another) but no one seems to know if it is a bug
    Attached Files Attached Files

Try:

getURL("javascript:window.open('"+theUrl+"','"+tit le+"','width="+w+", height="+h+", left="+centerx+", top="+centery+",screenX="+centerx+", screenY="+centery+","+features+"');void(0);");

Originally posted by ericlin
    Try:

getURL("javascript:window.open('"+theUrl+"','"+tit le+"','width="+w+", height="+h+", left="+centerx+", top="+centery+",screenX="+centerx+", screenY="+centery+","+features+"');void(0);");
    why would this be any different? its essentially the same function, is it not?

Developer
    The Bluegrass State Will Flash For Food ™
    Originally posted by the sherrif
    why would this be any different? its essentially the same function, is it not?
    Did you try it? void goes at the end.

i cant try it, as i have IE6 now (which i know i forgot to mention).. and the current function i use works on IE6

In fact, the main difference is in the parenthesis.

Open you fla, click the button during test movie. Then it will bring up an explorer window. See what you get in the URL box. You will see in-appropriate parenthesis.

(I tested you code in IE5 this morning. Yes, your original codes crashed msIE5. No more, after I fix that code.);
    Last edited by ericlin; 04-22-2003 at 07:42 AM.

hmm very interesting.
    thanks for your time