A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Need help with main timeline display

Need help with main timeline display

Second post...need help please!!

When scrolling through the main timeline, I am only able to view the
    first frame of each movie clip I've inserted (my timeline layers are made up of
    movie clips with no other objects in the main timeline). These views
    change with each keyframe, but leave me with an inaccurate
    representation of what is happening as I drag the slider across the timeline. I am able to view the outline of
    the shape in the movie by clicking the view outline box next to the
    lock, but this still does not show me what is going on in the movie
    frame by frame. Is this normal, and can it be
    changed?

Also, if I want to export only part of the movie for test, is this
    possible?

any chance we can get a screen shot to see what you mean?

But there is also a button right above the vertical scroll on the timeline for some timeline options. Might look at those.

But try to get a screen shot uploaded someplace if the above doesn't solve your problem.

If you are placing movie clips on the main timeline, you will only see the first frame of the movie clips until you play and view it by testing it. The reason you only see the first frame is because they are all on there own independent timelines seperate from the main.

If you want to test just a portion of your movie, say just one of the movie clips you have inserted on the main timeline. Open the movie clip you want to test then go to Control/Test Scene instead of Test Movie.

Hope that helps.
    delstrange

screen shot - here it is

Here are shots describing what I was talking about:

The top shot is what the keyframe containing the movie clip looks like from the main timeline. The outline of the movie clip (which is an alpha fade-in) is apparent, but appears the same all of the way until the next keyframe, where an outline of the next movie clip takes it's place. The problem is, I don't want to see an outline...I want to be able to preview what my movie ACTUALLY looks like as I drag from this keyframe to the next. If I turn off the colored outline box next to the lock, I get nothing (presumably because only the first frame of the movie, which is an object w/ an alpha of 0%, is shown in the keyframe and all subsequent frames until the next keyframe).

The bottom shot is, you guessed it, what the actual movie looks like (the final frame, at least).

There's gotta be some setting I have backwards or something. If anyone knows anything about this peculiarity, or has any ideas that could help me, please do...I'm stuck.

TIA

Oops...here's the shots

Oops, forgot the pics.

Anyway, I think my question was answered on the board. Thanks, delstrange!
    Attached Images Attached Images