dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: joshtodd.com - new 2Advanced...different I say

its interesting to me reading these forums seeing peoples views on different sites.
    one thing ive noticed though is the marmiteness of it all (new word for the day)
    you either love them or hate them.
    virtually no one is undecided. they either cream over 2A work. or hate it.

same has been said about this site.
    everyone saying how origional it is and a great new style... this style has been around for a long time... the only thing different is that 2A have done it for a change. so nothing unique there.

but the one main thing i do like about this site is the way the brief appears to have been handled... from the perspective of selling the client.
    in this particular case, a rocker.... and they have answered it... you get a feel of what the person/band is all about, just from the visuals of the site. too many companies just get a style of design and just keep designing in that style until people get soooo sick of it. good to see a change.

makes me think of mark striklins work a bit, the brittle bones work, with a hint of magical d+d graphics.

things i dont like about this site;

first up is the preloading of the music. takes ages to preload, all for about a mins worth of music, then i have to go through the whole loading sequence again.

im also not keen on the volume control. at first glance i tried to get it to work with the normal music. the first thing i look for is the fader as i like listening to my own music... fader didnt work so i turned the music off... which was a shame.

after turning the music on and loading in a song, it took me a fair while to figure out that the volume control is worked by moving left to right... and not in a circular motion.

why have a dial if you have to move left and right??

i also dont like the main menu, when the icons wobble they look like bad tweens distorting the images.... not keen on that.

one thing i dont get as well is that you get a percentage preloader for the music, but not for the band section.... ? why?
    im sat here waiting for it to load, but i have no ideea how long its going to take... a bit odd that 2A would miss out on details like that.

well im on broadband and im still waiting for the band section to load.... almost like the preloader has crashed lol.

still waiting.

nope, given up.

nice site, just little details that i thought 2A would have spotted.

good work though
    fishpiracy
    ...The Eror Group...
    Rockdirect base, 17" laptop.
    core duo 2.3ghz 512mb graphics
    2gb ram 80gb hdd +goodies.

That site is so sick guys! Well done Tony and the crew!
    Each day the world is filled with newbs

Originally posted by Onionboy
    its interesting to me reading these forums seeing peoples views on different sites.
    one thing ive noticed though is the marmiteness of it all (new word for the day)
    you either love them or hate them.
    virtually no one is undecided. they either cream over 2A work. or hate it.
    Who knows what percentage of the people are in between love and hate. If I see a site in here that I'm in between on, I don't post. I think if people have a reaction they post.

Marmiteness? Don't word of the days need to actually be words?

Originally posted by moot
    Who knows what percentage of the people are in between love and hate. If I see a site in here that I'm in between on, I don't post. I think if people have a reaction they post.

Marmiteness? Don't word of the days need to actually be words?
    no, my word of the days can be anything. wabsnazme being another lol
    fishpiracy
    ...The Eror Group...

Originally posted by aversion
    absolutely, though I have no idea who he is and feel old now

You're not alone. Funny though... when I first looked at him i though "Tommy Lee Junior"
    "Rock-n-Roll is dead. These days it's all about bling bling...pinky ring" -Marky Mark

dunno who jT is but hes willing to do what you like and how u like it, and for that he just lost my respect
    The music playing and stoping stressed me out, they should work on that 1st.
    2a just doesnt do it for me anymore.

forgot. . the tommy lee thing happened to me too...

Originally posted by phreakdevil
    hes willing to do what you like and how u like it, .
    if your talking about the fact he is willing to do as the client asks then welcome to the design industry.
    fishpiracy
    ...The Eror Group...

Originally posted by Onionboy
    if your talking about the fact he is willing to do as the client asks then welcome to the design industry.
    yes totally agree!!!!, there must be some very inexperienced people in this forum who have no idea how the industry works... I definately see two groups of people here, those in the industry and those who aren't shooting their mouths off about creativty, etc etc with no accountability..we should start up a new forum for those of us actually dealing with clients, deadlines and budgets. Comments like "dunno who jT is but hes willing to do what you like and how u like it, and for that he just lost my respect" just make me cringe and I am tired of trying to wade through stuff like that to get to a good post.

glenn
    Last edited by bomb threat; 05-07-2003 at 02:02 PM.

now that was a good post

I meant it as a musician, i know how it is to deal with clients, and deadlines, chill out.