A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Opps, did i did it again ??

Developer

Opps, did i did it again ??

Hello How is everything going 4 each of y'all? hope good ..

I need a Site check 4 my new site .. www.55-studio.com/index_new.html

Please let me know about:
    1. Loading Time
    2. Background effect working? if YES then how is the quality??
    3. Is everithing smooth

Thanks

Flavor4real
    -----------------------------------------
    ------- ? -------

You should have music automatically play in the first place. It took me some time to figure out that the top part was a music player.

Hey!! Your site is amazing! I love the transitions and the buttons. The two problems I saw were the media player not playing a song right away and when you click on Studio Life and Showcase the text disappears off the buttons. Otherwise it looks great and loads fine.

Disciple

Please check out my forum:
    Click here!

Just to let you know

First time around that I clicked on the navigation, the images never showed up. I clicked them again, then they showed up. Also, it seems that every section takes about 10-15 to load and all you have is an image. I'm on a cable connection.

Are you loading the movies on different levels initially and then telling them to play when the button is clicked?

If so, sometimes it won't play (even your preloader) if the first movie is not loaded.

This is from my experience.

Developer

hmmmmm

i load each swf in levels .. i don't know why it takes so long 4 the preloader to show up. Do y'all think i should put everything in one swf and different scene and put a preloader in front of each scene? I think in that way it should flow the right way and there will be no problem with the timing and so on.... ??

Flavor
    ------- ? -------

No. Do it like this if you plan on flash 6 as being the published version.

Scene1 = preloader

Scene2 = main content

Inside scene 2 have movie clip instances (empty) but named according to your content to load into this clip instance. i.e. when you click services, have it load your services.swf into the empty mv_services clip instance. Make sure registration is top left corner and place it in the right position so when it loads, it's aligned.

Now you can include a preloader function on the main global timeline in scene 1 AFTER the preloader checks for all bytes loaded. This function can then be accessed by sending _root.NAMEOFFUNCTION(mv_services); when a nav button is pressed, the function then checks for the 'variable' name to pass and runs your pre-defined code.

and your function handles it like something like this...
    Code:
    function NAMEOFFUNCTION(ClipName){
      if (ClipName=="mv_services"){
         //put code here to load the movie clip into _root.mv_services
         //then you can call another preloader function  OR
         //you can embed the preloader into the external services.swf
         //and target a main preloader interface that never changes 
      }
    }
    We recommend for large files or similar pre loader interface for similar objects being loaded to be called from a global function and pass variables for the target movie clip instance to load external .swf's and then from within that function to load stuff, include references and further variables dependent upon the original mv_NAME variable being loaded into to run another global function that tracks the bytes loaded and percentage and so forth and controls the embedded preloader interface on the main timeline or even in a nested movie clip.

To further make sense of this, see the .zip file we have included for our very own interface that handles both external preloaders embedded in the loading content and local functions to handle everything regarding the preloader and the function handles loading the external swf's and tracks their progress.

Hope this is of help. We not only provide verbal solutions, but back them up with open source code for the very stuff live online.

Cheers

And, note that we have not included all the mp3's and stuff to make this example work, but all the actions are there and you can figure out that on your end, but use the components or derivatives to work it out.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Developer
    hmm .. this is now something new 4 me... i'm not that good in action script ... i'll try i got to check the zip file maybe i understand that all a littel better
    ------- ? -------

Some of the Images seem to be pixelated and distorted.... otherwise it looks good