dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Photoshop for Web Interface design?

Photoshop for Web Interface design?

Hi All

Can someone pls tell me why everyone seems to prefer Photoshop for Web Interface design? Even simple table layouts seems to be done in Photoshop first, shown to the client, and then moved to Dreamweaver.

Out of all the packages on the market, is Photoshop the best for the job?

PS. Great forum - i think i'll be sticking around for say the next 100 years or so
    ()""()
    ( )
    ()""()

welcome to FK

I don't know anyone that uses PS for layouts, though I know that people do. It isn't a bad tool for the job, the key is to remember that it packs imageready which allows you to slice and dice designs.

Personally I use xara x, a vector app, for almost all my layouts, if I need bitmap elements I'll draw them up in PS and import them to xara. My problem with using PS is that it doesn't seem to really flow for me, I use it all the time for graphics but I don't think it's a good choice for creating design elements and moving them around, positioning them accurately etc. I much prefer using a vector app that allows you to scale, size and position everything easily. A lot of people use fireworks, which is what it's built for afterall.

Hi aversion

Thanx, i've also been using Fireworks which i find works really well, but i've heard the "rumours" about PS and was wondering.. anyhow, i guess at the end it comes down to what really works for you
    ()""()
    ( )
    ()""()

Hi, I personnaly use PS for almost all my graphics needs. It's, in my opinion, the most complete. I also use Illustrator, but most of the times I end up exporting my .ai into PS.

As Aversion said, Image Ready comes with PS, and its a great tool, once you've learned how to use it well of course.

I'd love to show you how far you can go with PS & Image Ready, but i'm in the xXx industry.(No! not the movie with Vin Diesel ) So can't post that here =)

I use PS for all my design and layout. I cut up the images manually, then code in Notepad. I'm a stickler for precision.