A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: rollover problem

rollover problem

Before anyone sees this, let me start by saying that I did not design this thing, I am just helping a friend get it working.

I have a 'button' called portraits. when you mouseover it, 4 options come up for teens, adults, children, and families. they should all work the same, but the children one is not working correctly. The others work perfectly.

Can anyone look at this and tell me what is wrong? I went so far as to copy one of the working buttons, and it still doesn't like it.

If anyone has a better way of accomplishing this same effect, please provide an example so I can correct it.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Brant
    Attached Files Attached Files

President, save the
    New Zealand dollar foundation

had a quick look, there seems to be not enough space in between the buttons, the mouse seems to get confused as to which button it is over. but my machine didn't have the font you used so what I saw may not be correct.

the second thing is that you appear to be jumping to another frame to get a rollover effect. you can do this inside the button symbol itself.
    buttons have 4 "states" or frames: active, rollover, down, and hit (active is the start state of the button, rollover is when the mouse rolls over the button, down is when the mouse is pressed on the button, hit is the active area of the button - the area that responds to mouse behaviour).
    to have the text change colour on rollover, add a keyframe in the rollover frame and change the text colour on that frame.
    b+

Banned
    You don't seem to have an "on press" action defined for subYellow_children2.