dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31

Thread: Making a 2d image 3d

  1. #21
    supervillain gerbick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    undecided.
    Posts
    18,978
    good luck. I hope you figure it out.


    [ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

  2. #22

    Re: Re: Making a 2d image 3d

    Originally posted by kasracer
    Reading... its fundamental

    Learning.... it also is fundamental - if one can't do it on their own, then listening to the advice of others is the alternative. This is not a mind reading forum so posting more information regarding what it is you trying to learn is essential. Simply stating "I wanna animate it" does not give anyone enough information to go on.

    If you have an issue with accepting advice from others, then why are you even here in the forum? If the advice you have received thus far has not helped, perhaps a more detailed description and / or example(s) of what you are trying to accomplish may work wonders.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    378

    Re: Re: Re: Making a 2d image 3d

    Originally posted by radesigns
    Learning.... it also is fundamental - if one can't do it on their own, then listening to the advice of others is the alternative. This is not a mind reading forum so posting more information regarding what it is you trying to learn is essential. Simply stating "I wanna animate it" does not give anyone enough information to go on.

    If you have an issue with accepting advice from others, then why are you even here in the forum? If the advice you have received thus far has not helped, perhaps a more detailed description and / or example(s) of what you are trying to accomplish may work wonders.
    Dude, read my post. I wanna put it into 3d, just extrude it a little. Thats all. Its been repeated several time and I said I wanted to be able to animate it. if its in swift I can then animate it.

    Jeeze. I don't have a problem accepting advice, which is why I posted here. Like I said, reading in fundamental. If you would of read what I said, you would clearly see what I wanted.

    Guess I'll just do this in lightwave then...

  4. #24
    supervillain gerbick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    undecided.
    Posts
    18,978
    dude. what is it?

    you've not made that clear at all.

    simple put. you want to take something and make it a slim extrude. fine, I'm going to assume that you know how to create a vector image from a bitmap image since Swift3D does not accept bitmap images.

    now, take the "image", extrude. via the scale, lower the Z and you now have a "thin extrude" to whatever you are trying to extrude.

    [ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    378
    Originally posted by gerbick
    dude. what is it?

    you've not made that clear at all.

    simple put. you want to take something and make it a slim extrude. fine, I'm going to assume that you know how to create a vector image from a bitmap image since Swift3D does not accept bitmap images.

    now, take the "image", extrude. via the scale, lower the Z and you now have a "thin extrude" to whatever you are trying to extrude.
    Dude, I said it was a logo. I also said that when I trace the bitmap it looks wierd and not perfect, but when imported into swift it looks like utter ass.

  6. #26
    supervillain gerbick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    undecided.
    Posts
    18,978
    I know it's a logo.

    how about this. trace it, then edit it in some vector tool... say illustrator, CorelDraw, or even Flash if it looks like ass.

    you can add or smooth out points. just tracing it may not be enough, which seems like is the case here.

    I assumed you'd have the design sense to have taken it into one of the aforementioned programs if you were that unhappy with the trace within Flash, CorelTRACE, or Streamline.

    in otherwords, edit the curves to make it look better in a different vector program.

    or, if you created your logo in Photoshop, then take your paths from there and export to Adobe Illustrator. Open in Flash, or Adobe Illustrator, then export out to Swift3D. Those paths from Photoshop are about as clear as you can get.

    If you didn't use Paths within Photoshop, then I suggest using the first set of advice... smooth it out in a vector program then take into Swift3D.

    Then maybe your logo won't look like utter ass if you apply just a bit more time and actually use the tools at your disposal. bitmap trace can be rather accurate, but sometimes it needs some help.

    That should do it for any logo.

    Good luck.

    [ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    378
    Originally posted by gerbick
    I know it's a logo.

    how about this. trace it, then edit it in some vector tool... say illustrator, CorelDraw, or even Flash if it looks like ass.

    you can add or smooth out points. just tracing it may not be enough, which seems like is the case here.

    I assumed you'd have the design sense to have taken it into one of the aforementioned programs if you were that unhappy with the trace within Flash, CorelTRACE, or Streamline.

    in otherwords, edit the curves to make it look better in a different vector program.

    or, if you created your logo in Photoshop, then take your paths from there and export to Adobe Illustrator. Open in Flash, or Adobe Illustrator, then export out to Swift3D. Those paths from Photoshop are about as clear as you can get.

    If you didn't use Paths within Photoshop, then I suggest using the first set of advice... smooth it out in a vector program then take into Swift3D.

    Then maybe your logo won't look like utter ass if you apply just a bit more time and actually use the tools at your disposal. bitmap trace can be rather accurate, but sometimes it needs some help.

    That should do it for any logo.

    Good luck.
    First off, I tried doing smooth and stuff in flash, doesn't help AT ALL. I can't really edit it in other programs because I don't have the money to go out and jsut buy those programs. The logo looks almost as good in photoshop as it does when I trace it in flash. I've tried saving it in several different formats, swift 3d just ****s it all up and makes it look like butt.

    I figured a program like swift would be able to do a simple extrusion on bitmap images but I'll have to use something else.

  8. #28
    " Lets Rock ! ....... " NitroCharged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    374
    ...which brings us back to my first request I made - post the flippin' thing on here so someone with the right tools might offer to produce a quality version for you to use in Swift since it now appears quite obvious you don't have the required tools to achieve the required result.
    ...and as I first said - if we can see the image we can better determine if it is possible for you to do.

    Surely it can't be that much of task to do to get help???!!!


  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    378
    Originally posted by NitroCharged
    ...which brings us back to my first request I made - post the flippin' thing on here so someone with the right tools might offer to produce a quality version for you to use in Swift since it now appears quite obvious you don't have the required tools to achieve the required result.
    ...and as I first said - if we can see the image we can better determine if it is possible for you to do.

    Surely it can't be that much of task to do to get help???!!!

    Yea but I want to do it myself, I don't want people doing **** for me. I know you can do it and since i have access to lightwave, 1 of my friends did it before in lightwave. As soon as he comes back from Atlanta i'll get him to show me or figure it out myself.

  10. #30
    Regular Guy
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    38
    Sort of along the lines of this thread, does anyone know any good tutorials for bitmap tracing ? I have a clients logo sent to my in JPG which I need to trace and change to Vector.

    I have never really gotten any good results from tracing before, so I was wondering if anyone knew some good settings to use or simply a URL which might explain things to me on how I can optimise my settings based on the logo complexity (or lack thereof).

    I have Flash readily at my disposal and I can have access to Streamline, should the latter be better.

    Regards,
    Mike Mackay.

  11. #31
    " Lets Rock ! ....... " NitroCharged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    374
    Go Streamline if you can, Mike! I have fantastic results with it.
    Play with the settings if the first convert isn't to your liking. Most of the time I have 2 or 3 do-overs to get the result I am looking for.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width

HTML5 Development Center