A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Making Scenes Smaller.

FK Times - Head Publisher
    FK Board Heavyweight

Does anyone know of a good way to break up a large movie into many scenes once it has been already started? I am making a movie and it’s turning out good, but it’s growing way beyond what I first thought it would be. Now I’d like to break it up into smaller chunks (scenes) but I'm afraid to touch it because so much work has been put into it. Can I break it up into smaller scenes?

Scene's

Using Cut & Paste you shouldn't lose any Actions or mess up your Time Lines... You'll have to do some work on the above mentioned Actions to point them to the proper frames... I've move alot of my scenes around like this and all has gone well so far...(make a backup ... )

FK Board Heavyweight

I tried this but it only allows you to copy ONE item at a time, not a group of items

Copy

Just copy the whole scene and delete the rows in the time line you don't want... it's fast that way...

FK Board Heavyweight

Well I don't know about that, most of these scenes have 50-100 things in them. And since you are FORCED to delete ONE BY ONE (ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ) the person would be there all day doing nothing but deleting

Swish should support group editing (shift + up / down arrow)