A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Updating Problems.

Updating Problems.

I've just completed my very first swish site after trying to figure out swish for more than 8 months. But when I uploaded my swish site uing the Microsoft internet tools wizard, it said I uploaded successfully, but when I viewed it my old site was still there, I called my hosting company and he was able to get it going for me. Then, I noticed that I had a type-o, I made the correction in swish then one again I followed the same procedure that I did before when I originally uploading to my host using the Microsoft internet tools wizard. But when I viewed my site, the corrections were not made. I had to call my hosting co. again and they fixed it for me. Is this a problem on my end when uploading using the Microsoft wizard or do I need one of those kind of hosting control panel where you have your own control panel to control your site. (I don't have a control panel) I just upload to company that I'm with.

hi,

it's probably because your swf is stored in the browser cache. after updating a movie (goes for html pages as well) click on "menu: view -> internet options -> delete files" to clear the cache, then try again. this should work, if it doesn't, perhaps the files are cached on the server side. ask your host in this case.