A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Sound Loop is restarting and causing an echo affect

Sound Loop is restarting and causing an echo affect

I have a Main Menu scene where in the first frame I start a sound loop that I want to play throughout all scenes in the movie. When I jump to a new scene the music is still playing like I want, but when I return back to the Main Menu, the action script triggers the sound loop to play again and again causing an echo affect.
    How do I keep from restarting the sound loop every time I return to the Main Menu?

I want to check for a condition apon entering the 1st frame of the main movie. Something like " if sound loop is already playing, then don't play again." Any help or links would be greatly appreciated.

Who; me?
    is your sound under your action script or is it on the frame?

if on the frame, set the sync to "start" this way if its already playing, it won't start again, but if its not plying; it will start again.

if you have it in action script, i don't have a clue...

When you return to the Main Menu, why not have it return to the frame right after where the sound loop starts? This way it won't play again, and you can usually adjust any animation/code so if there's an added frame the first time you'll see no difference.

i'm experiencing the same problem

i've searched through the forums and the general consensus seems to be: "huh, that's weird." is there no one out there who knows what's happening???

i'm attaching my link so people can check it out. all i want to do is to insert a sound loop into a Dreamweaver page so that those ugly Quicktime, RealPlayer and Windows Media Players don't pop out of nowhere and screw people's computers up. but when i publish a preview, this same weird feedback loop starts and gets worse and worse.

take a gander and let me know i the same thing is happening on your computer. http://userwww.sfsu.edu/~garko/acidtrip.swf

garko