A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Anyone here good with Strata 3D? I need help...

I'm trying to learn and experiment with Strata 3D but it's really confusing. I want to make a simple 3-letter text object rotate the y axis 360 degrees over and over but I can not figure out how to do this.
    I have opened the project window and made it rotate abotu 175 degrees but I cannot figure out how to (1) make it go the rest of the way around and (2) add another frame.
    Please...If there is someone that know how to do this tell me. Thank you!!!

Beyond the Sea

heh...gotta love strata

you can't just rotate 360 degrees... What the program will do is take the shortest route to whatever value you input. So, if you say rotate 360 degrees, it will think well, that means come right back to 0, so I'm not going to move at all...

What you have to do is rotate it 180 in half the time. Then rotate it the rest of the way the other half. That'll give you a 360 rotation...by workaround...

Rich

ps. I just tried it, and it worked...if you would like the little file I made, I can zip it up and send it to you. Just let me know.

Please either send it to me or tell me how you made it rotate a second time. I got it to rotate once but could not figure out how to get it to roate the second time. Thanks SOOOOOO much!!!

Beyond the Sea
    gotcha...just move your "currentframe indicator" to the end time and rotate it in the main window another 180.

I'm zipping the file right now...

Rich

ps...what's an e-mail to which I can send attached files?

Beyond the Sea

ok, check your e-mail

you should have the file...let me know if there are any more problems.

Rich

Thanks a lot!!! Big help!
    [Edited by sog_webmaster on 10-26-2000 at 06:36 PM]