dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Help with scroll bar...

Hybrid View

Help with scroll bar...

Hey, I was fiddling around with the new scroll bar option. While I placed a long paragraph of text (to test it), it worked perfectly with the scroll bar in the program.

But once I exported it, the scroll bar wouldn't scroll through the text (html 4 text), and the entire paragraph was shown.

Is this a bug, or am I forgetting to click something?

Re: Help with scroll bar...

Originally posted by Wheeljack
    Hey, I was fiddling around with the new scroll bar option. While I placed a long paragraph of text (to test it), it worked perfectly with the scroll bar in the program.

But once I exported it, the scroll bar wouldn't scroll through the text (html 4 text), and the entire paragraph was shown.

Is this a bug, or am I forgetting to click something?
    Looks like bug!!! Try with border and background and you'll see problem even more clearly.. Please send this to support. Include sample and explain it clearly.

It seems to work fine with editbox, which can be HTML too now so try using that.

'''''''''''''''''
    That isn't a bug. You only have to use the "Export dynamic HTML" option in the HTML element. If you open the scroll bar element, look at the little help text on top where you can read this, too.
    Malte

By golly he's right there it is plain as day. And it works!

Try it with Dynamic HTML and this is what I got

Divide by zero on line 6 link("project[Scroll 1@0].slider_image").y = _scrollbar_pos * 35 / _scrollbar_max
    Expression could not be evaluated on line 6 link("project[Scroll 1@0].slider_image").y = _scrollbar_pos * 35 / _scrollbar_max
    2 errors found

I'm just using html text and the scroll bar won't work.

i have a similar problem with the scrollbar. with the html you have to see, that you don't use the wrong tags. there is a description in the 3dfa-help.

i tried to show a larger text in a editbox and it worked in the test but not exported.

now i'm not sure, perhapts it's still a bug.
    Bruno

www.tonetube.ch