dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Help Me Please!!!

Guerilla Records

Help Me Please!!!

Hi All,

I have a huge problem with a new flash mx website i've just created... it works absolutley fine as long as it's running on my computer, however, as soon as i upload it to the net, it all goes sadly wrong!!!

I really don't understand it... the other thing is, when you go to the address online and refresh the page after it's loaded, everyhting pops up fine... it's highly confusing... can anyone help me out?

The web address of the site is:
    http://www.theforgottennorth.fsnet.co.uk

If you want to download the .fla files and have a look for yourself, i've made them available from here:
    http://www.theforgottennorth.fsnet.c...s/TFNFlash.zip

Thanks

Murph

Banned
    Can't check your files for now, my main machine crashed a few days ago, and it won't be up and running before tomorrow night at the earliest. Will then, if nobody else has replied.

Your preloaders seem to be the problem. On this old PII233 portable, can't see a thing even after your preloaders have apparently done their jobs, and even after a refresh.

Guerilla Records
    ok, cheers for the help. Will check out the preloaders but i am afraid i'm a bit of a novice when it comes to actionscript. If you could have a look at the files when your main machine is back to full working order it would be appreciated.

Cheers for now

Murph

Guerilla Records
    I forgot to say... i know that the .swf is faulty on the "News" page. I was messing about with the actionscript and i made it mess up. Check the other sections of the site, and you'll see the problem i'm having.

Thanks Again

Murph.

Banned
    Well "news" is the one I had checked and gave up on. Just checked some of the others, and they do seem to work better on a refresh.
    My machine is apparently repaired and I should have it by tomorrow at the end of the day, so I will have a look at your files, tomorrow night. Update the files if you change anything until then.

Guerilla Records
    I haven't made any progress as yet, will update the files on-line if i do. Thanks for having a look.

Cheers

Murph

Guerilla Records
    Hi everyone,

Just wondering of anyone has made any progress on this? I have been trying my best to look through the code of the pre-loaders, and the whole things in general... it may be something to do with the component i'm using, i don'yt really know, i've looked over it again and again and i'm just not getting anywhere!! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Murph