A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: new 3D engine in Flash with luke skywalker

new 3D engine in Flash with luke skywalker

hey guys,

can you check out my 3D engine in flash.. it's supposed to be a "cloud city" map

site

Hi.
    Amazing. (except sprites mechanics, may be - try to see on a sprite and left-right - seems it moves over a sqare - not circle + possible it has a sence to use for them technology used in pre-3d games (like Doom or Wolf.) - where each sprite is a set of pictures - views from different angles - more views - more size and more quality
    But it's great.
    BTW - I don't see real sence to make pure 3D in flash. And IMHO is a good demonstration of my own point of view. Agree - result is worse that Wolf3D that worked great at 286 - but your demo has no textured walls, and a bit slow at P3*1000 ...Do u see a gap between power and results?
    Kisses, BR

I got this erreor message when i tried viewing your 3d engine in flash:-
    A script in this movie is causing Macromedia Flash Player 6 to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive. Do you want to abort the script?
    never got this error message before. i am using a p3 733mhz 128sdram.

You guys are sick. You think the first time someone tried to make a 3d engine for a game it ran perfectly? hell no. after a while though more and more people increased knowledge and finally one was created that ran well. Right know just think of this author as a pioneer.

Originally posted by dev8088
    I got this erreor message when i tried viewing your 3d engine in flash:-
    A script in this movie is causing Macromedia Flash Player 6 to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive. Do you want to abort the script?
    never got this error message before. i am using a p3 733mhz 128sdram.
    sorry about that

the map is compiling then loading...

if it were precompiled into nodes (of a tree) then it wouldnt take that long..but meh

just press "no" and it should work right after

thx

Hi
    2 deadlock32 -
    I didn't want to blame the engine or abuse somebody. Just I tried to say - that I don't see any real usage of any 3D engine in flash. At least while it has no 3d supporting inside Anyway anything that you will make - will look worse that 3D simulation or movies made with Swift or some like... Yeah?
    So here quest not in the engine quality [it's amazing] - but mainly [at least for me] - in 3D engines for flash in principle... But may be I'm in the wrong.
    Kisses.

Originally posted by Ghost_as_a_lost_soul
    Hi
    2 deadlock32 -
    I didn't want to blame the engine or abuse somebody. Just I tried to say - that I don't see any real usage of any 3D engine in flash. At least while it has no 3d supporting inside Anyway anything that you will make - will look worse that 3D simulation or movies made with Swift or some like... Yeah?
    So here quest not in the engine quality [it's amazing] - but mainly [at least for me] - in 3D engines for flash in principle... But may be I'm in the wrong.
    Kisses.
    swift 3d is all pre-rendered 3d which means that it's not real time.. so i dont really think u can use swift 3d for a 3d engine unless u render the world from all possible positions and viewing angles before the flash actually loads..which will take way too much time and will increase ur file size dramatically

yeah... it's true. but what possible to make with pure flash in 3D? agree - there r some limitations that in the nature of flash not in hands of developers I've posted here my sample - think it something like your's - with invisible poligons removing and dinamic light... so - technicaly it isn't a hard problem. just what will you do when it will be nesessary to texturise poligons? Of couse - may be I whong and you will find an amazing solution... but I don't know it now. So - while we can't add texture - our top limit - it's more or less fast systems with more or less advanced light, w.o. shadows, I think [but shadows... it's possible to simulate - in principle ] Do u think there is a real interest here?
    Kisses.
    PS - u r smart - I'm not disputing this fact. Just IMHO pure 3D in flash - is a bit rigidity and non-interesting solution... More interesting to make a simulation - when user don't understand how it works - and don't need to be too patience to review slow processes - only 'cos they r "3D"