dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: critique my logo...

critique my logo...

this is the first logo i have made that i actually think is kinda good... tell me what you think.

Last edited by big_k; 05-05-2003 at 03:59 AM.

Are u thinking of adding colour ?

heres an updated one with color
    Attached Images Attached Images

mmmm is DSI something to do with houses and whatnot? As you are not in UK (I think), DSI is a pretty big company for furnitures, desks, etc. and as such they have a similar logo to yours.

If this is the same company, then I like the simplicity of it (Microsoft, IBM, Accenture, CK, Macromedia, etc gets away with it successfully). Generally I like the logo -- the only thing I am not too crazy about is the use of the font but apart from that it is all cool.

I'm from the uk, but I dont know of any dsi. Possibly MFI?
    There logos are:

I guess if you did mean mfi then I sorta see where your coming from, but they look quite different to me

DSI?? Department of Social Insecurity? maybe

I like the second logo you posted quite a bit. I'd like to see it smaller so I can envision it sitting on a webpage or on some sort of print material. Also, consider not using gradient fills in the logo, as I don't think gradients reproduce well on, say letterheads and what not.

dsi stands for develop stuff inc.
    its a software company that caters to small buisnesses.

however, when i designed the logo all i knew was that the name was develop stuff inc. i didnt know what the company was... i guess the logo might still kinda work, but i'll probably make another since buildings dont have much to do with software

well, like I said big_k, I like the look of the logo but seeing as it is a software company then a house-looking logo may look out of place? Or it may also misled potential clients?

Heavyweight Pixel Champion Pixel Puncher's Avatar
    Whatever you come up with in the end, don't use a gradient as a fill. Also keep in mind that all good logos work in black and white first, then color second. Think also about what this is going to be printed on and how well it will visualy look in all formats.
    If your friends with "P" well then your friends with me. If your down with "P" well then your down with me.

yeah looks quite kool but i gotta go with tonytryout as it does look abit like the mfi logo reminds me more o housing development though. mayb if u make it more like a wireframe house or summit to make it into a design house logo

Originally posted by CDP-Design
    yeah looks quite kool but i gotta go with tonytryout as it does look abit like the mfi logo reminds me more o housing development though. mayb if u make it more like a wireframe house or summit to make it into a design house logo
    Your logo looks a bit familiar.

I did not copy anyones logo honest *runs very quickly for the backdoor*

Is it illegal to use semi circles in a logo cos someone else has? Out of curiosity whos logo does it remind you of?
    Last edited by CDP-Design; 05-15-2003 at 04:09 PM.

Originally posted by CDP-Design
    I did not copy anyones logo honest *runs very quickly for the backdoor*

Is it illegal to use semi circles in a logo cos someone else has? Out of curiosity whos logo does it remind you of?
    Psst. Look at my website. No you didn't copy, just used someone else's style, as I shamelessly did. There's no way that they have the two semi-circle logo style copyrighted. No worries. I was just busting you a bit is all.

ps. You should put a white matt behind your avatar and save it as a transparent gif, to remove the jagged edges that are there.

yeah i thought u was teasing a bit
    cheers for the tip on the avatar ill try that out now.

ok i ganna divert off topic in this one I just looked at ur site gdstudios and it looks well good would there be any chance u could help me create a scroll bar like youve got in your portfolio section? As im sorta rubbish at actionscript and i was thinkin of doin summit like that on my portfolio section of me webby any help would be apreciated even if its just a basic scripted scrollbar.
    also cheers for tip on avatar it aint jagged anymore but got a few dots o white which i cna live with.
    Last edited by CDP-Design; 05-16-2003 at 05:58 AM.

Honestly, I'm not using a scrollbar on the portfolio page, but I am using one on other pages. I have the arrows there, but the actual scrolling isn't working yet. I basically have each button on the left open up an external movie on the right. Send me a private message if you would like some hints or tips on how to do that sort of thing, or if you want info on the scrollbars used on the other subpages.

Nice work with the avatar, much better.

-Geoff

gdstudios,

Yes, very nice site. Clean, professional and not too crazy...lol.

Thanks. I sent you an email in response to yours Adam. Now let's get back to topic. We have digressed.

okay, i decided to have another go at it... heres a logo in 2 different styles, one for small sizes and one for large...

i think this fits alot better, what do you think?

i like it this one is realted mor to the subject wiht the mouse i like it