A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: ANY QUESTIONS???

Originally posted by gdstudios
    Exactly Samurai. Here we have a bunch of children treating a Whoswe rep with utter disrespect, even though he is offering to answer people's questions about the company. Finding it hard to believe this is him? Watch the 'How do we do it' section of the Whoswe website, you'll understand the type of people working at Whoswe. Doesn't make them children for gawdsake, just makes them fun. Lighten up everyone and use this resource for what it is.
    ROCKON gdstudios !! Like I said, I would love to talk abit more with you CEO, maybe thourgh email or pms? Let me know.

Originally posted by Onionboy
    gdstudios, whilst you are here.
    do you know of any forums where 'designers' can chat to each other?
    fk has clearly become a playground.
    go here new but growing we would love to get some proffesional topics started and leave childesh topics closed.

http://www.revo7.com

I can vouch that this guy does actually work at whoswe studios, and I have it on good account that he is the CEO, so let's get over that shall we?

I'm going to close this thread unless it takes a constructive turn, you guys have a rare opportunity to ask a top developer something constructive. If no one wants to do that then there's no point to this thread, go to the coffee lounge to chat.

cheers

*puts hand up*

i have asked questions... just waiting for the replies mr aversion sir

p.s. good to see you back
    fishpiracy
    ...The Eror Group...
    Rockdirect base, 17" laptop.
    core duo 2.3ghz 512mb graphics
    2gb ram 80gb hdd +goodies.

either way he is offline now.
    fishpiracy
    ...The Eror Group...

Well since mr.CEO hasn't responded to my pm, I will ask him afew questions here.

1. What program/s do you use for most of your 3d work?

2. How long has it taken you to master the program, and what resources helped you learn it?

3. Did you really wanna make new freinds?

4. Whats your personal approach to web design?

5. How do you figure your pricing?

6. And how did WhoseWe get it's start in the industry?

Thanks

-BS

P.S. How big is your ass!?
    Last edited by BlueSamurai; 05-08-2003 at 01:44 PM.

what are your plans for WhosWe? any big project?

Get Squared Away.
    Mr. CEO,

First I'd like to say I love the work you and your company does and find your site very impressive/inspirational. I was skeptical at first as to your authenticity because i know some of the stunts that get pulled on this board. Furthermore, please answer a few of my questions if you have time.

1. What is your real name?

2. How did you come up with the concept for your site?

3. What references did you use for the guns on the splash page and what program were they created in.

4. Explain the process from creating something 3D in your program of choice and importing it into Flash.

5. How did you get the cell phone to sink into the site?

6. What program did you use for THE BEST rock?

7. Why does the "How We Do It" video take so long to load? Didn't you optimize it with Squeeze?

8. When did you first learn of Flash?

9. What was the first Flash site you saw that left an impression on you?

10. What is your favorite flash site?

11. What is your favorite movie?

12. What is the most you've received in US dollars for a site?

13. How much did Kimble's site cost?

14. Have you ever met Kimble or hung out with him?

15. How many hours a day to you spend using Flash?

Okay, I know i asked a lot of questions...please answer as many of them as you can.

Thank you very much

Josiah

Originally posted by Onionboy
    gdstudios, whilst you are here.
    do you know of any forums where 'designers' can chat to each other?
    fk has clearly become a playground.
    my last post on the subject

Unfortunately, in my searches, this is the best I have found. And this one is much less of a playground than the others. Were-here was bad and Ultrashock, I believe, has a rip forum, which is just inviting snot-nosed pseudo designers in to flame each other. Stick around FK, stand tough and eventually, the posers will leave and we designers can have our boards back. They always will, and we always do.

there are designers forums out there but they're not open to the public. Not because people are snooty about them but because anything open to the general public will attract people who are there not to discuss or discover but to show off and act up.

that's just the way it is!

Really this is me..... mentaleruptions's Avatar

Re: The Kimble Question

You stated this is an earlier post in this thread:

Originally posted by WhosWe CEO
    I own a company. From time to time we get people who want us to make them web projects. Believe it or not, sometimes they actually pay money.

See I don't design to make money.
    I make money so that I can design.

To the bit in red, If this is the case then how did you start out in the beginning before WhosWe was born ??
    Was design always something you where interested in or was it something you stumbled into to go along with the crowd at the time ??
    You also mentioned something about break dancing, was that for real or a part of your humor ?? And was you ever any good ?? And if so why didn't you choose that as a carrier path to follow as a professional dancer ??
    I personally don't follow your (WhosWe) design style I'm more minilistic but what inspires you to create the stuff you do apart from your passion to design ??
    Where do you get your ideas ?? What do you consider to be something that can be classed as inspiration ?? And to this question if your inspired by something do you just wait till u can be bothered to turn your computer on or are you like me and drop everything within reason and start jotting in down on paper or on the computer ??
    What are your final goals in life and where would you like to see WhosWe in the next 5 years ??
    I'm a great believer in (if you want something bad enough then nothing can stand in your way) from what you have said so far it seems like I could say the same about you BUT has there ever been something regarding WhosWe you could have done but didn't because of this believe ??

And finally its great to see someone like you on these forums with humor instead of being all high and mighty like I have seen some others do (mentioning no names).

Mental

My Flashkit Submited Movies:
    Guestbook: V.1.0 V.1.2 V.1.3 V.1.4 PHP Mail Form: V.1.0
    My Deviantart page: Link

OK... The lights on in my office.. Who's Next?

I will ask as many questions as posible until my network is up again.
    fair enough? I mean.. let's face it, we could have covered a lot more ground here if I hadn't spent the first day answering hate mail and dumb @$@#%
    So here we go...
    Onion boy You first!

Every one gets 3 questions.. and wait your turn again.
    After all I have a lot of work to do. The boys are starting another FIFA tournament and I have to go handle my own you know!

make em count

both points taken.
    fk is obviously in the bad times (so far as kids/flaming goes)
    time shall tell
    fishpiracy
    ...The Eror Group...

ok, my 3 questions... shame its only three
    anyways.

first up,
    what advice can you give me about web design?
    when ever i go for an interview, or do freelance work, i always try to get some decent advice from the people that have already made it...

second question,
    where did you first learn about webdesign... as in, what made you want to do it... im assuming you started many years ago... who inspired you to do what your doing today.

third question,
    how do you go about generating ideas... how do you work basically.
    do you just sit there searching the web until an idea pops up..?
    how does your company run with its ideas.
    how do you work with the clients with these ideas?
    (plus any other stuff you want to tell me along this line)

i shall be sure to ask you more later though
    fishpiracy
    ...The Eror Group...

Ok I am after onionboy I believe Heres my three:

1.What program/s do you use for your 3d work and how did you master the program/s?

2. Whats your personal approach to design in general? I mean whats your theory?

3. And where do you draw your insperation from, to create the interfaces and affects you use?

Thanks

-BS

Also, the contact page on your coporate site is down

Originally posted by BlueSamurai

Also, the contact page on your coporate site is down
    im assuming thats because his network is up sh*t creek...
    fishpiracy
    ...The Eror Group...

I just realized that 2 seconds after posting.

ok...so this is whoswe ceo.....fine....

first of all......i was really blown away by your company site (not into to discuss your client work though).....so from the first view on, whoswe is in my list of all time favs.

but man, never expected that someone like you start a stupid discussion like this one.....

some people don't like your work?.....so what?...and who cares?...at least should you.

Onion Boy

I have 3 questions for you too.
    Nothing in life is Phree.

1. When did you first see my site?
    2. How did it make you feel?
    3. What makes you happy?

ANSWERS:

1. Watch TV. Not for the shows, but for the commercials. The answers are all there in front of you. It's all about Communication with the masses. Learn the psychology of human behavior. Learn to see when others don't. Dream first, then worry about making them into reality. It all starts out with a dream. if you learn the psychology of human behavior you will know how to sell yourself, and create value in who you are. You must be an Asset to any organisation.
    WHAT WOULD YOU DO DIFFERENT IF THE COMPANY WAS YOURS?
    The answer should be NOTHING. why because you should assume it's yours. Talent comes from practice and passion. There is a formula for luck.
    It's Preparation and Opportunity Meeting. Whatch movies, study color theory, and photography. Live life, observe everything around you. Study it. Don't just pass it by. There is so much to learn from your enviroment. Virtual or Real. Oh and remember this.. You have 2 eyes... 2 ears and 1 mouth. Therefore you should be able to SEE and LISTEN much better than you should TALK!!! cause you will never learn anything talking. Unless ofcourse you are me!

:-)

2. I owned a computer store years ago because it gave the excuse to play quake all day and have LAN parties with all my customers! What's wrong with that? So anyhow some kid walked into my shop while we where having a quake a thon, and pulled up Gabocorps site! so then I closed the computer shop and stuck to my day job. OK OK OK Since I know someone here is eventually going to ask... i will give you a hint on what I did.
    If you go to BlockBuster Video and Rent an Ultimate Fighting Championship FIGHT... You may see me in quite a few.!!! seriously. So anyhow..
    I just dedicated my time to my fighter house and started messing around with the web. Now... as for my artistic capabilities..... well let's just say that I am a very complex individual. You see when you are in the fighting business you really have a TON of PHREEEEEE TIME on your hands. At the times things were really good cause I was in charge of the most successful fighting team in the business. (The Lion's Den) ooops! I guess I let the cat out of the bag... anyhow.. With all my free time, I developed a lot of passions for things, Like photography, and design, etc etc.. etc.. My dad is a famous singer (Justo Betancourt) and so I was forced to learn to play 14 instruments, and YES all the audio in all our projects is done in house and all the music is original. or remixed. So i guess I am glad my dad was Hard core about the music. Anyhow, so with all my free time I just did what I always do... EAT,****,BREATHE what ever it is I am doing.

Then I applied the same system we had at the Lion's Den.
    You coudn't apply to fight for Ken Shamrock! 100's would fly to Lodi, CA to try out. All with a dream to someday make it in the UFC and be good enough to fight for the Lion's Den in the UFC and perhaps be on a video game.
    i didn't put an ad... I just lived my life and ran into people in my life. Some chose to follow me. As I have traveled, my family has evolved. Today we are who we are. A product of my enviroment.

I know I know.. this all sounds very WEIRD.. But man.. I am telling you I LIE NOT!

We live together, we play together, we create together, and I make sure everyone has the tools they need to be who they need to be. The Best! Not because we say so.. but because we believe it. And that' all you need.

There where no time cards at the office? there where bodies living together studying and learning what they where given the opportunity to learn. I have said it tons of times before.... I don't design to make money I make money so that I can design.

I wanted to be the Steven Spielberg of the Internet. I want to create Stimulating experiences that mimic in everyway the excellence you see on the big screen. Perhaps someday you will see our work in places never imagined because they evolved into other fields. we are not a web development firm. We are a Creative Multimedia Agency.
    I get paid to think. Sure we have a lot to go.. But that's ok...
    it makes life worth living. Goals... The difference beween a loser and a quiter, is the loser never started. The quiter only because one when he stopped. As long as you don't stop you will never be either!

i hope people don't start picking apart what I am writing because I am just chlling here doign this for fun. Not business. if it was business my agent would be reviewing everything I would say! LOL

3. My favorite.. how do we do it.?
    What moves you? Tell me? Sitting on a hammock in the summer with the sun beating on your face,, your eyes are closed and you can see the red of your lids through your eyes... You hear the engine of a propeller plane passing by and the sound of the leaves shuffling through the street.
    You put me in that scenario... and GOD knows what I can come up with! You are a product of your enviroment. Sometimes a doobie and a cold pool.. what ever.. there is no perfect answer... What we do is what WE do.. You have to find your creative flow.. we have US. There is never a dull moment over here.. So I encourage a creative enviroment. We don't work at an office buidling... That's GAY! You come to our studio and you will see what looks and feels more like a FRAT HOUSE!!!! But clean cause i am MILITANT!!!!! everything must be SQUeEKY CLEAN!

well Onion Boy I hope you do your answers justice. and I hope mine where at least entertaining.

I inform.. you decide.

^wow thanks for that insight^

Now is it my turn?