dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: ::: XML blogger in flash :::

::: XML blogger in flash :::

currently im loading in a text file for my news section on www.popcop.co.uk/home.htm

but ive been having problems with spacing ect ect...

anyway... i want to use XML for it now but I dont really have a clue wher to begin

can someone point me in the right direction

Thanx

There are some source files in the .fla section of Flashkit that will do exactly what you your asking for. Type in XML, there are only a couple. The one you want reads news from moreovernews, but you could easily see the code that is in use. It works great, and is fairly easy to pick up. If you need more help, just let me know, I might even be able to whip something up for you.
    "You see, it's like I said, you can more with a kind word and a 2x4 then you can with just a kind word."
    [swf width="300" height="40" background="#000000"]http://www.stormbuilt.com/iconlogo.swf[/swf]

if you want a fully complient rss v2.0 blog (the standard structure of all xml based blogs and newsfeeds on the web) then try the one at flashcomponents.net - it even supports images.

if you use rss then it means that many other web sites can load in your feeds with no problem, because its a very simple standardised format (Really Simple Syndication, to be precice). you could also load in other peoples feeds - i use my blog console to show the k10k feed at k10k.net, as well as my own blog.