A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Book Keeping for developers?

Book Keeping for developers?

I have been making websites for a while now, 4 years or so. I have built up a nice portfolio, and established some good clients. But I have been having trouble finding a piece of software that would allow me to keep track of my expenses for web developing. I have looked at quickbooks and a few other programs but they all seem to be more for retail businesses than for web developers. What does everyone else use to track their expenses, invoices, and billing? I'd appreciate any feedback you all can provide me with, thanks

Paul White
    WhiteSites

Hi there,
    Do you know any server-side scripting, PHP, ASP, Coldfusion etc?
    If so, why not create your own. This is the best way to get the information you require for your business needs.
    I done a quick search in google and come up with this.

Cheers,
    micmac
    !.....................................COMING SOON

not only why dont you design one for yourself
    why dont you make a commercial grade one and sell it
    you have obviously established a need for it

encouragment: i for a fact having worked at dell know that dell uses a web based system for all of its information and stors it on a "tandy database" the systems main interface is a javascriptpage jsp

if you could make something simmilar im sure you could make big bucks offa it

i mean you obviously established a need for it since your asking and it sounds like your willing to pay,,, can you be the only one??
    im like a superhero with no powers or modivation

Thanks guys

Yeah I do know a little bit of server side scripting. I was thinking about the whole make my own database for tracking my clients through a web application. Plus it would be a good opportunity to practice ASP.NET. Thanks again guys,
    Paul