A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: 2Advance effect

2Advance effect

Hi All!!
    I have just seen 2Advanced.com and really Impressed by Lighting effect as well as "Flying Clouds" Effect in the Home page.Great Work
    I have an idea how it Works
    Somebody at Flashkit(I am really thankful to him) has told me that these are Video Clips/Based Flash Files imported after editing from Premier.So far So good.
    But i need one more help !
    From where can i get these kind of clips Free,or how can i extract them from a web site like "www.bigshotmedia.com"...?
    Help me please to get mess out of my mind.
    Reagards...and Thanx in Advance
    Breathless®

sorry man, if you want em from bigshot media, you gotta pay like everyone eltse....

i dont know about free places, you might be able to find some, but i havnt seen any.

The Excentrifugal Force SSC Cosmic's Avatar
    One thing I would recommend is that you steer clear of making a site that looks anything like a 2A site, the community here will trounce you for it. Do a forum search for "2a rip" to get an idea of just how welcome copycats are.
    Cheers

Originally posted by SSC Cosmic
    One thing I would recommend is that you steer clear of making a site that looks anything like a 2A site, the community here will trounce you for it. Do a forum search for "2a rip" to get an idea of just how welcome copycats are.
    Cheers
    well thanx for ur advice Dear but iwas only looking for a clue of how to get in to this kind of effect inFlash and How should i add some video in Flash Site.
    anyways.
    Take care
    Umer

well for flash video take a look at the flash video tutorials.

best idea though is to buy a couple of good books, get hold of some online tutorials and actually learn how to use the program, then slowly advance.

im assuming you already know how to use flash at a good level... after all, why learn how to insert videos and 3d etc if you cant do basic skills eh

but, get a book and a good tutorial. job done.
    fishpiracy
    ...The Eror Group...
    Rockdirect base, 17" laptop.
    core duo 2.3ghz 512mb graphics
    2gb ram 80gb hdd +goodies.

Just find a movie with flying clouds in it .. you don`t even need Premiere.

How you can find such a movie ? Well search for it !
    Be creative, don`t rely on other people to find and solve problems for you, then you are doomed to NOT succeed.

And if you do find a good free cloud movie, you can simply import it right into FlashMX. And voila. I seriously doubt that anyone gives good cloud movies away on the Net, then again, it is the Internet. It's not what you know, it's who you know. Good luck.

The Excentrifugal Force SSC Cosmic's Avatar
    Sorry breathless, didn't mean to come off so punchy, it was a knee-jerk reaction. I've seen the cloud thing done by using two images of the clouds tweened one after the other to eliminate the skip you can get when you just use one. From there I would guess you could layer them and and fiddle with alpha to get a rich look. There's also a tutorial here somewhere for doing it with Swish, and the concept will translate easily enough to Flash. Swish is a low cost sub for making flash swf's, think of it as Flash4. Free pics of clouds can be found easily with a little googling.
    G/L.

Hmm

I believe it can be done in flash the cloud effect.
    But When my uber site gets released the cloud effect will be so yesterday
    I can only postulate the probability of performing at a paramount level of perfection praised by the pulchritudinous paragon whose only practice is to preserve such a paradigm.

Clouds and other sky effects can be easily achieved with the Tinderbox v1 plugin set for Adobe After Effects v5.5

My guess is that Shane used similar tools for the clouds on the SkyWorksInc site.

Ian

So basically, this thread has simply let everyone know that this 2Advanced effect can be done in so many different ways, you might go cross-eyed trying to point them all out.