dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Printing: dynamic text box moves

Printing: dynamic text box moves

I have a document containing static text, a bmp and a dynamic text box inside of a MC. My print button prints the MC without a problem.

But when I load this swf into a blank MC in another movie and print, everthing prints fine except the dynamic text box shifts all the way to the bottom of the page. any idea?

printing

i think in the 4 years that i've been using flash i don't think anyone uses flash printing. i don't know why. i think it's a great tool!

kenitech Check it out, I had the same problem and I figure it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

Wow!,

Basically you are putting your text inside an mc and setting it coordonates. they are find according to your mc, but when Flash sends it to the printer to coordonates are according to the root.

Put your MC at 0,0 and it will all work fine

me this morning

>> >> >> >> >>

ahh. i see.
    i think i may have attempted that. the only problem is that the mc that i need to print loads into a region in the lower right part of the main movie so i wouldn't be able to put it at 0,0.

alsom the rest of the movie will print correctly except for the dynamic text box.

blaah.
    i ended up using a cheap fix.

i don't think macromedia cares much about the print issues in flash.