A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Looking for partners.

Looking for partners.

I am looking for partners to join me. I am starting a new firm and looking for high quality kick a## work.

The site will be gizy.com since it has yet to be established.

I plan on echoing the success of pLotdev.

Would love people with after effects and 3D MAX exp since the sites target audience are people with broadband connections.

I will host your portfolio etc.

E-mail samples along with your age and location and rate. e-mail is snipley@lvcm.com and my aim is gizycom
    Who gives a flying Flip.

One day older, one day wiser rafiki55's Avatar
    This may get better responses in the Boardroom.

Partnerships can be difficult...be very careful who you deal with ...you don't want to be burned in the end. Do your research.

goodluck!

Thnx, Sorry about wrong board.

moving to boardroom from loungerino
    "They're very much like scruffy pigs to look at, and they've got big, knobbly warts and lumps all over their long, hairy faces. They are very, very ugly indeed..."

Nyuk! Nyuk! Nyuk! Hey Moe... serpent star's Avatar
    What do you bring to the table as the founder of the partnership?

Clients?
    A checkbook?
    Sales skills?
    Mad Coding ability?
    Extreme Flash Skills?
    Promotion Guruocity?
    Design SkillZ?

Or is it just an idea that you have and you are looking to capitalize on the skills of others without much contribution.

Just so you know, I'm not accusing, I'm wondering. I would be a little leary of someone looking for a partner while not showing any work or even bringing chips and dip to the party.

Originally posted by serpent star
    ...even bringing chips and dip to the party.

serpent star

Actually just to build a stronger team, I would provide the hosting the site the design and most of the work to get the clients. Only need for partners is to make it easier to get large projects done in a shorter time.

I like to think I have some skill.

how you gonna pay people?

per hour or per project?

who decides how much they are paid?

Will they have contracts? holiday pay? what about taxes for each country? will you become a ltd company? a plc?

Lots of things to consider for this EllisStudios, not many collaborations have got off the ground.

Good luck though.
    Living the dream

bring the checkbook and a client list, and i wont care how good your skills are. im not sure about partners, but work for hire i would be interested in.

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    To me, a partnership is one company which decides that another company can be of full-time use, so cuts that other company a break on their product cost. So for example, if you're a designer, and you see a company that you think could use a new site, you contact them and set up a deal where-by you do the site at a discount, but they in turn, offer their service at a discounted rate back to you.

What I see here in your description is an offer from you to send customers you have generated to a particular set of designers. Now, following the set up I described, that could end up being a quasi-partnership, if the designers agree to reduce their rates for you, so as to allow you to offer reduced prices to your customers and close more deals, but you would certainly have to agree to offer your designers a reasonable percentage to cover the reduced prices and increased workload.

That could be your 'partnership', but still, it's nothing more than a pretty way of contracting out deals.
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting