A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: PHP issue for a user

Hybrid View

PHP issue for a user

Ok, this is not related to flash communicating with PHP.

My question is this.
    One individual is unable to view an application I developed, and he seems to be the only one out of a few hundred. I did a major update, but I do not see nor can find why he is having issues. I nulled out the possibility it was the server because he can view static HTML pages. I may run a test with a basic php file and see if he can view it, otherwise I am stumped.

ANy thoughts, suggestion on how to solve this issue?
    neoTropic

just a thought, no solution

Hi,

the basic rule for http servers and clients: the server describes the data to the client by sending a proper mime type, and the client obeys.
    One browser has chosen to do things differently, so both the file name and the first few bytes of data are used to determine the data type, rather than using the supplied one (The same company is notorious for not providing up-to-date mime maps with their webservers ... because the client knows how to do it)
    Maybe this particular client has got a strange rule in their system that associates a php file with something else.
    That person could try with a different, more standards-conforming browser and see whether the problem persists...

Musicman