A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: still cant get morphing button to work

Question

Man I still cant get it to work. I think I may be missing a step or something. But everyone who replied to my previous posting had good sound instructions but I dont know If i am missing a step or anything. I am creating the button then going to edit it...I also make the animation in the regular timeline and save it as a movie clip symbol...but what do I do for the rest of the frames??? OHHHH man please help me!

1. in the library window option (top right) select create a new symbol, name this "ani" and select the movie option and click ok.

2. you will now have an empty timeline to create your morphing animation in.

3. open up your button symbol, in the over frame (frame 2) place the "ani" movie symbol, and line it up with your up state graphic (frame 1)

4 now when you hover over your button the morphing animation will take place

note: you not see this effect until youv'e generated and viewed the .swf

hope this helps
    CheerZ
    rosie

draw the button on the main timeline and then convert it to a button and leave the rest of the main timeline alone....do not add anything else to it.....now edit the button and add a keyframe into all the states
    now convert the over frame picture into a symbol and make it a movie clip.....then edit that and put the morphing movie clip into that timeline ....NOT the main timeline.

this will work ....if not do you mind e-mailing it to me and i'll fix it and tell you what was wrong
    good luck
    no probs

mike > ; )-~

have a look at the example at webmonkey

gav :-)