A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Rendering for 24 hours and counting

I just purchased Swift 3D 2 days ago. I have it pretty much figured out. I am doing spining text, nothing fancy. I have had it rendering for nearly 24 hours and it is only on frame 6 of 39...why? Is there a way to speed it up, or is it just always this slow. I have 256 megs ram and a pentium 450, with a good video card. Help!!!

The Matrix has you
    2112 F/X

There are certain types of text known to give the renderer problems. As a general course, you might try the simplest possible text first - sans-serif, no bevels. Render one frame only. Sometimes, the orientation of the text can cause a problem.

When you are satisfied with the single-frame render time and results, render the entire animation. You can probably get away with 15-18 frames as a natural cycle for rotating text. This will decrease your file size as well.

If all else fails, don't render forever - send your file to E-Rain customer support.

good luck!

caithness massiv
    if it takes that long... well, i think i'd crack!!

remember, on your export settings, you can select a lower 'gradient shading' style... lets say from average shading to average fill, or even to flat fill... that speeds things up some, also