dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Alpha issue with an image.

Alpha issue with an image.

Howdy all,

Anyone ever had the problem of a graphic set with 0 alpha still showing up.

I have the graphic set at 0 and there is still a slight glimse of the graphic. Almost lilke it is really set at 5 or 10 alpha.

I have never had this problem before. Quite weird.

This is driving me nuts. I have tried putting everything in this graphic object. Everything shows up.

if you provide us with more details perhaps we can help you; what prog are you using, what file type are you dealing with, etc...

Sorry it seems vague. It is a symbol. A "graphic" instead of a "movie clip" or "button". The "graphic" just has vector art in it. A simple square. It originally had a .PNG in it and I thought that might be the problem. I took the .PNG out and replaced it with a simple vector square......same problem. Weird stuff.

check color settings of your monitor. i experienced stuff like that on 16-24 settings.

otherwise.. once your graphic's alphavalue is 0 make sure there aren't any frames representing it.

Thanks sense. What did you mean by 16-24 settings?

I think this might be a monitor issue. I just added a second monitor and thats when I started having this problem on my computer.

I had seen it before on other peoples monitors though. I can't have everyone looking at this sight change their monitor settings. How do I work around that?

go to your display settings for flashmx to display most things I found i needed to keep my monitor set to 32bit true colour.
    ok just read your prob further have you checked the swf file yet to see how it turns out the display problem should only effect you while your designing it should not effect the final output.

Yeah, Its a final output thing for sure

ok if it effects the final output it cant be anything to do wiht the display settings. how is it set up? wot are you actually doin with the alpha i think we might need some kinda sample at least the swf to look at onlineand a screenshot of the effects list of the mc/graphic symbol.

OK. I bumped my computer up to 32 bit and it works perfectly now.

I also did it on my partners computer and it works fine too. His was the only other one I had this problem on.

I am still curious if this is a problem for 16 bit users. I will try to mock something up that I can show you soon.

Basically we are seeing the ghost of an _alpha=0 object on 16 bit systems.

if it was a display problem there should be no reason as to why the output should be effected it is jsut for your ease as a designer.