• nice

2 28.57%
  • could use some work

1 14.29%
  • quick get it away!

2 28.57%

Thread: diva/graduate illustration - opinions please

diva/graduate illustration - opinions please

This is an illustration I'm doing for my sister... obviously for graduation.. and the inspiration ,though seemingly unfitting, is vh1's diva stuff they have been promoting lately... lol.. i know, but i would still like your opinions on the illustration... and i've not messed w/ the layout or what it'll really say much yet.. anyway, thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by trev077; 05-19-2003 at 11:43 PM.

<3
    I love the hair! Cool work What program did you use?

It was all illustrator, i think version 9.0

Hi rev077,

I just made a fast impression of your work.Different style,attide:-)
    .It was mend to show you that your proportions on the face are not totally wright.But it kinda got out off hand you'll see.I didn't had nothing to do so ...

Just unzip my file and open it in illustrater.

Grtz,

Modulater
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hey That's awsome! I think i see what you mean about the face aftet i compaired the two. I think the lips are especialy nice too. Thanks for the example.

Hi trev077,

Great you liked it.But it could be better because I drew the hole thing directly on the computer.

I don't know if you did drew things first on paper,then scanned and drew over your scan?But this is the best way to get a more dynamic and correct looking illustration.

Btw the hair is really nice done on your illustration.Only all those gradients.Sorry but I'm not that big a fan off that.

Anyway here's a site that has some good tutorials on the proportions on the head,expressions.Thought you might be interested.

http://www.polykarbon.com/tutorials/index.htm

Take care,

Modulater

hi modulater,
    that's a pretty cool tutorial site... i need to practice drawing, that's all... with the one I did, I traced over a photo... maybe this isn't the best way. Anyway
    Thanks,
    Trev

Hi trev077,

It's always good if you can draw well.This way you can let your imagination go.The link is really great I still draw a lot off these basic characters to control my drawing and keep it under the knees.Pitty it's mangastyle only.I'm more into realistic drawings.

I just wanted to tell drawing over images can also be satisfieng.
    It can also lead to great results.Here you can see a file I made by just drawing over a pic.Looks great don't you think.

My site whill be published hopefully in about a month and whill include some great visuals drawn over pics and restyled to my ideas,artistic ideas.So keep looking in this section I'll post the link when redy.Just a liddle selfpromotion(need a job)

Take care,

Mod
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yeah that is a great pic. I'm looking forward to seeing your site! i've only seen two pics and already i like your work. what is your educational background all self taught? schooling? just curios

Hi trev077,

I studied art school from my 16 to 18.It was leaning to draw
    with different kind of materials.Drawing stills and models.Learning some graphic technics but nothing on computer.
    Then I went to an artschool.University where I learned advertising for about 4 years.Where I learned a lot on typography,layout,drawing commercial stuff and making campaings for products.
    Then I did a graphic course of 2 years where I learned to make graphics on the computer.Illustrater,photoshop,quarkxpress.This was more a technicall course exploring the graphical programs on print and make everything possible for print in real life.

At the time I did my graphical course I also did a eavning course
    on advetising art to keep up with drawing and to see styles comme to live between creativity and the abbilitys on the computer.

Thats about it .Now I'm looking for a job for a long time.I did work in some firms but it was more like using me for there very busy periods.Now I really like to have a fulltime job.I hate this planet

When You graduate they use U like some peace of garbage.I love the industry on one side(cant live without it) but on the other side its a tuff sector to get noticed.I'll get there one day a hope,maybe tomorrow ...who knows.

Tell me a liddle about you.You do this as a hobby or...
    What are you studieng or doing for a living or are you sitting on your lazy bottom like me

Here ya,

mod

Hey mod,
    Well I studied the technicall side for 2 yrs at a technicall school, i decided not to get my degree just a certificate and now in the fall i will start a university to get a BA in graphic design... so i can use the programs pretty well but I'm excited to learn a little more about the art side. Some of my teachers were good about being ballanced w/ art and technalogy but it is still not like a university, as you know cos you did both. I just hope i can handle living away from home cos the college I'll be going to isn't in my home town but I'm sure it will be a fine place to live. I'm also afraid of "dorm life" I have no Ideah what to expect there... anyway

Your right about this planet It's a tuff place but I try to remeber not to focus too much on success from the worlds view, but It would be really nice to pay the bills doing something I love... but I have about 4 more years to be lazy

Later,
    Trev

hey dude

graph looks ok

grtz
    d

(geboren in hasselt)