A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need game testers!

I need game testers!

Hi everyone!

Well it has been a while, but my game, Puzzled Sheep, is getting close to being finished! Now, what I really need, are people to play the game and tell me what they think, improvments, but MOST IMPORTANTLY if their are any bugs!

Also, if you get far in the puzzle MODE levels, give me your opinion on the difficulty of each one. The first 2 are messed up right now, so don't worry about those.

-THANKS!

-LINK: http://sheep.d3s.net

One good aspect to find in a bug tester is someone who seeks flaws :P Someone who will go out of their way to try and find the bugs.

Sure. But I am not asking anyone to do this.. just simply play the game, and IF they come across a bug, let me know.. I have done a lot of bug searching myself... In fact all together I have found 5 MAJOR bugs that I have fixed.

Oh, and the site is out of date, but the game is not.
    I will update the site soon (the text that is).

hi,

not a bug but a small suggestion. If you jump to the HELP screen the button to jump to play isn't obvious. Granted there aren't allot of other options it could be, but seeing as you've added text to this button when going from level to level, you might want to do the same there.

Like the game very much BTW. I'll have my kids play it. They're the best bug finders ever
    http://www.biggestapple.net

Awesome! Everytime i try to make a game, i get lazy and never finish it, then go on to something else, then forget that, then start on soething else, then forget that...

Its not bad
    keep up the good work,

now, about those bugs...

Tekno Pro/Game dabbler
    Kudos on the look and graphics. Enjoy the gameplay as well

Thanks a lot for the comments!

I love the graphics too! They are done by, which I have made obvious everywhere, by DayDream (chris hildenbrand).

I will add text to the buttons on the help screen to jump back to the main menu.

Thanks again

Sexy game mate, excellent gameplay and presentation; and Daydream just can't do anything badly.

I've not played it to death yet ( I will ) but one thing I've found is with your external mp3s. If you have a download manager it will always pick up Flash's attempts to load an external mp3 and try and d/load it.

Just rename your mp3's with a different extension, like d3s ( I don't know why I thought of that as an example ), and Flash will still play them and the d/load manager won't get in the way.

Squize.

played it thru level8 (cool game!). i dunno if it's a bug but sometimes i'd start with say 4 sheep and then a few would disappear (off the edge i think) so i'd only have to get one to the target. also if you made the level password selectable it might be easier for people to just copy/paste it rather than typing it. saving the level password in a shared object would be even better!
    kudos on the game d3s
    Graphics Attract, Motion Engages, Gameplay Addicts
    XP Pro | P4 2.8Ghz | 2Gb | 80Gb,40Gb | 128Mb DDR ATI Radeon 9800 Pro

wow!!! reminds me of awesome games that are on miniclip well done looks great and cant find ne bugs

Played it up to lvl16 or so

I do think you should change the direction sheeps face in the beginning. When they stand, the look left, but when they start to move, they go right. Don't see reason for it.

As for scoring, I dont like how you have based it on time. Its not clear what time you count there: total time spent on the level? time while sheeps walk around? does time reset when your sheep dies and you start over?

I would make it based on number of clicks you move arrows around. And it should give you more points at higher levels. Currently you cant really affect the score that much, you have preset amount of sheeps in every level and as levels get harder, you spend more time on each level. So basically you get more points at the beginning and less when you reach higher levels.

Well - I found something - I played upto a score of about 9000 but then I closed it with the [X] in the corner - I would have got on the score board but it didn't let my enter my score - I was most distressed and ran into the corner crying like a little girl.

I seem to have recovered slightly now that's why I'm writing to you, but I need to stop thinking about it now of I'll start sobbing again!

*sniff*

I'm gonna put a little "Puzzled Sheep" doll toy in my game!!!!
    Last edited by RipX; 05-21-2003 at 02:45 PM.

Sorry about that RipX

I will make the password selectable, and I make the game save your password with sharedObjects...

Thanks for all the info/help!

That, was the most fun game I've played in a LONG time: addictive yet simple and original. Amazing
    And yes, DayDream IS one of the best artists ever

I just thought of this: you should make a level editor that lets user make their own levels and post them. It's still a great game. BTW, thought level 1 was harder than 2 or 3

Thanks... aditydennis... I like the look and feel of the game myself... turned out really nice...

There will be a level editor... not sure about the users being able to create their own levels yet...
    but it's food for thought...

The games are still being sorted to give it a slow but steady learning curve...

Another idea: a downloadable exe might be nice too, and I know I'd pay to download that game
    BTW, DayDream, I know I've asked this before, but what do you use to make your graphics?

I am using CorelDraw for my vector illustrations - mostly out of habit and the ease of years working with the same tool... It might not be the best and it's considered not p"rofessional" but it works fine for me...

cute cute cute. whens the merchandise out? i want a cuddly sheep!

i noticed a NaN pop up during the preload percentage - not exactly a biggie but it looks like youre going for perfection on this one