A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: trouble with menu

trouble with menu

Wonder if anyone can help me with my menu. Ive just started to uplaod a new website. www.signandlight.com The menu works fine when you test the movie however when loaded into level three of a movie embedded in HTML it does function properly?

The menu's appear when you roll over the buttons and disapear when you click anywhere on the screen. Each menu is a MC with an onclip event attached to it with action script to make any clip disappear when clicked anywhere on screen. The problem is that if you click outside the mc on certain parts of the screen they don't disappear. Insted the whole screen goes blue as if it is selected. However it works fine in the swf alone? Ive uplaoded the menu.fla for anyone who can help?

Many thanks in advance
    Attached Files Attached Files

You'd do best using JavaScript to do the drop down menus and you can still do the audio stuff.

Javascript wouldn't integrate into the design or give me the look Im after. Or at least I wouldn't know how. The site is near completion and looks pretty cool but this bug for some reason has appeared.

The client likes the look of the site and the menu its to late to drastically change the site.

The site works perfectly until it is viewed through the HTML file. Then if you double click anywhere on the screen it turns blue and freezes? Any ideas why this is happening? I have used javascript integration to validate the form which seems to work ok. I don't think now looking at it that its a problem with the menu?

Banned
    I can't get your blue screen bit? No matter what I do?

PIV ME IE 5.5

I found out this morning that it was a an option selected in the publish settings. I had changed it to windows rather than transparent windowless on the HTML tab. Not sure what those settings are for? But its working now thanks!!!