A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: They Took Escaflowne Off Fox Kids..

I don't know about you but i was really getting into this series.. I checked the schedule too see when it was on again and i'll be damned if they replaced it with Nascar Racers.. Arrrggggggghhhhhh.. I thought it was one of the sweetest shows out and loved every second of it.. Especially the one were Hitomi was falling and Van showed his wings.. That was some awesome animation.. I don't know if anybody else even watched it but if they don't put it back on i'll go buck crazy and send 1,000 of emails to them to put it back on.. Please somebody tell me ther3e not cancelling it!!!!

Here's the official word, swmRipper.
    In even more disappointing news, November's issue of Tokyopop Magazine is going to be the last. (Don't know how many of you all were subscribers. Apparently they're supposed to be moving the content online, but I liked having serialized manga to read on the subway each month. And the writing was just starting to pick up, too).

I don't know which is more disappointing - that Escaflowne was removed, or that it was replaced by a show like Nascar Racers.

----------

Fox's official Word on Escaflowne (10/22/2000)
    Source: UMJAMS Anime News

An unamed representative at Fox has confirmed that the last episode of Escaflowne to air on Fox Kids was "Prophecy Of Doom" which aired on Saturday, October 21st.

Officially Escaflowne has only been put on "Temporary broadcast hold" with no currently determined date for a return to regular broadcasting, however very few animated series which are "put on hold" by Fox ever return to the screen.

The Fox representative made no statements as to their reasons for removing Escaflowne from Broadcast.

Man that Sucks!!!!!!

Can anybody get the email adress of foxkids.. Nascar racers sucks.. And so does that dinozaurs and hell everything but escaflowne and some digimons suck.. Man that hurts.. That was the greatest cartoon i'd ever seen and i was really getting into.. Oh well just found the 26 episode box set on ebay.. hehheheheh.. But i'm going to look for Foxkids email adress and i'll post it and let's just email the hell out of them!!!!!

Here's the email adress

foxkids@foxinc.com very important just email the hell out of them.. Excaflowne ruled and how the hell could they replace it with Nascar Racers!!!!!!!!..

dude im with you all the way on that. man i just bombarded them with emails to put it back on. WE NEED ESCAFLOWNE! MWHAHAHHAHAHAAH! I WILL DESTROY THE WORLD IF THEY DONT PUT IT BACK ON! IM THE GREAT ARMADILLO! FEEL MY WRAITH!!!!!! sigh. time to go eat dinner......another boring day in my life.

Beyond the Sea

I just emailed them.

That sucks... It was the only decent cartoon they had on Fox. I do enjoy cybersix...occasionally...but to replace it with Nascar Racers? That's just a slap in the face of good taste.

Of course, it's kind of like Warner Bros. kicking all the good shows from its lineup only to play more pokemon... Let's see...Batman, Superman and Animaniacs...or...Team Rocket??!! argh!

where have all the good cartoons gone?
    Rich

UM...I just got an undeliverable reply to that e-mail...looks like they really don't want us to mail them...
    [Edited by Kraken on 10-30-2000 at 08:07 PM]

Me too

Can't believe it.. Got the same thing when i contacted teh escaflowne site.. Oh well just got the entire series off ebay uncut and everything, but man i'm gonna miss waking up in on saturday morning and waiting for it to come on.. hehehehhe.. Batman ruled!!!