A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eyecandystudios.net

TheForceIsStrongWithThisOne dvdvault's Avatar

http://www.eyecandystudios.net/

Err is it just me or does that site use the same background as taigkhris ?

Originally posted by ctranter
    nice spot...i didnt even notice that LOL

still its a preety cool site

sorry,

i really dont like it,

its cluttered and with a poor colour scheme
    freshly squeezed media

Gee... copyrighted music. I wonder if the site's owner bothered to get a licnese for it's use.
    "Rock-n-Roll is dead. These days it's all about bling bling...pinky ring" -Marky Mark

only alright, navigaton is kinda nice.

the shoeless designer Barefoot Kid's Avatar
    dont really like it...

its a texture in paintshop pro dude, anyone can make that.

Heh wow found this link from my referrals. Thx for all the comments and such, I'm quite use to the negativity from communities like this by now, that's why I don't design for it I'm a 3D artist with some flash skill so I make the most of it, I may not be Eric Jordan or whoever but I do make the best of what I know, if you all don't like my work what can I say no biggie.

As for the music I know it's copyrighted that's common sense but it's there for entertainment use, they're sounds in my cd collection I just wanted to share with my visitors. DJ's do it all the time, and they get paid for it

Thx again for your umm "comments" and dvdvault thx for putting up my site for consideration.

Great sites btw monkeypants and Gloomycus, very nicely done.

salud!
    Last edited by lildragon; 05-25-2003 at 07:01 AM.

I won't comment on the site, coz of the way the above posts have gone.

But i will say that the 3d work is great. The charactor "kay" is top!

Nice work all in all.

i still stand by my comments and recommendation that this is a 'cool site'

It didnt say anywhere that as a pre-req...a site had to be as good as, or better than something from 2advanced or FI :P...as the site goes, i think its 'cool'.... simple.

Cheers lil dragon ... i know of all the other sites you have/admin and they are ALSO way cool!!!

Cheers!

Originally posted by lildragon
    As for the music I know it's copyrighted that's common sense but it's there for entertainment use, they're sounds in my cd collection I just wanted to share with my visitors. DJ's do it all the time, and they get paid for it
    That's not an excuse. Maybe you should spend some time looking into the laws about playing music on your website. It doesn't matter why the music is there. You're still obligated to obtain a license for the perfromance of the music.

http://www.riaa.com/Music-Rules-3.cfm

Even DJ's aren't allowed to do it without a license. ASCAP offers blanket licenses for DJ's, but that license doesn't cover webcasting. Not all of them do the right thing by buying the license, but I do know of a few who were dragged into court by the ASCAP people... and lost.

The bottom line here is that you're simply not allowed to use other poeples creative works without permission. That's why we have copyright laws in place. Designers who ignore their responsibilites in this area make the entire industry look bad. Shame on you. Maybe someone should notify your webhost about your copyright infringement... or better yet, maybe some of us should steal your work and place it on our sites for "entertainment purposes".
    Last edited by monkeypants; 05-25-2003 at 01:23 PM.
    "Rock-n-Roll is dead. These days it's all about bling bling...pinky ring" -Marky Mark

Hehe nice note, even the names are the same
    http://www.taigkhris.com/graphics/bg_main.gif - taig
    and
    http://www.eyecandystudios.net/images/bg_main.gif - eyecandy

As for the comments, the site loads up pretty fast and nice transitions but the the color scheme istn appealing (i wonder why the title says "making ur eyes water")
    Nice start on the 3d

Thank you for your considerations monkeypants I'll look into it further, no need to get all hot and bothered .

salud

Thank you for your considerations monkeypants I'll look into it further, no need to get all hot and bothered .

salud
    it's also not as expensive as you'd think

Originally posted by 76ers
    the color scheme istn appealing
    Nice start on the 3d [/B]
    Heh I knew I should've went with another color than green , wanted to try something different that the normal blues and halftones. Ah well so much for expressing myself heh, maybe I should try a red or something like that? mmm dunno will fiddle with some colors.

Also thx for the compliments on my 3D but I'll hardly say it's a start, I mean I'm on the verge on getting a job working on a new Disney film in production.

Appreciate all your comments good (well mostly bad ) I'll do my best not to let you all down in my next version

salud
    Last edited by lildragon; 05-25-2003 at 02:49 PM.

salud
    Maybe someday you'll find some of your work posted for download in a public repository when you didn't want it there. Then you'll understand why this is such a hot issue for me.

In the meantime, I've helped you along the way to righteousness by making RackShack aware of the problem.

Originally posted by monkeypants
    In the meantime, I've helped you along the way to righteousness by making RackShack aware of the problem.
    Heh man you're something I said I was going to look into it and took the music offline till I found a solution, I just don't have the time right now to read up on everything as I'm prepping for our new CG book. You have no idea who I am or what I do I deal with alot of major companies almost daily and I'm in a very respective position dealing with copyrights and such everyday, my line of business revolves around so much different types of software it'd make your head spin heh, I just wasn't quite aware with internet music, kinda new to this CG nut so excuse me a little while I find the time to read up on it

Heh you're a trip nothing better to do on a Sunday I guess? Scare tactics never really worked with me much anyhoo I'd contact RackShack myself if I had to.

P.S the music isn't available for download, you can't even play it unless you have flash installed since it's encoded that way for protection and my artwork is available for download, through the means of wallpapers!

salud
    Last edited by lildragon; 05-25-2003 at 04:16 PM.

Graphics look decent, but concept is just plain bland.
    Not extremely refined layout and shapes either.
    Somewhat cluttered and no overall unity.

Hehe just my thoughts ,
    Venio
    Flash Kit Moderator . Duke University
    Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology

Hmm I hear "cluttered" a few times, what exactly makes it cluttered for those who think it? My concentration is more on 3D these days which require tons of details, so my designs might be getting heavy handed as well

Maybe it is the color that makes it feel "closed" crowded, it's not "open" enough me thinks. I'm not much for the open concept, even when it comes to houses My fiancee and myself just bought a new house (still building) and we both hated that feel heh. Like I said I'll do some more sketches and see if I can play the balancing act.

salud