A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: eyecandystudios.net

Originally posted by lildragon
    Heh man you're something I said I was going to look into it and took the music offline till I found a solution, I just don't have the time right now to read up on everything as I'm prepping for our new CG book.
    Gee buddy, I feel for you. I guess being busy is a good excuse for not doing the right thing

You have no idea who I am or what I do I deal with alot of major companies almost daily and I'm in a very respective position dealing with copyrights and such everyday

True, I have no idea who you are, but that makes no difference in this matter. If you do in fact deal with copyrights everyday, then you should have been well aware that the use of the music was infringement. Clearly, you just figured you'd get away with it because you didn't expect to come across someone like me who is completely anal about the issue of copyright.

Heh you're a trip nothing better to do on a Sunday I guess?

I personally feel that it was five minutes well spent. I guess I didn't have anything better to do at the moment.

Scare tactics never really worked with me much anyhoo I'd contact RackShack myself if I had to.

I suppose that comment could carry some weight if I had been making some sort of threat... but I wasn't. Like I said before, I take this issue very seriously. Maybe if more "designers" did, this wouldn't be such a problem.

P.S the music isn't available for download, you can't even play it unless you have flash installed since it's encoded that way for protection and my artwork is available for download, through the means of wallpapers!

That makes absolutely no difference. If you deal with copyright on a daily basis as you claim to, then you already know this. You need a performance license to play that music on your site. It doesn't matter if it's available for download or not.

It's funny how you mention that it is done in Flash for "protection". Were you worried that someone would steal your stolen music?

I said I was going to look into it and took the music offline

Good for you. Too bad I had to make an issue of it to prompt you to do that.
    "Rock-n-Roll is dead. These days it's all about bling bling...pinky ring" -Marky Mark

Banned by GMF ™
    what a lame crusader. what a lame pair of monkey pants.

imagination through stupidity
    hmm, i liked the older version!
    Nothing to see here, move along.

take it offline if it's that exciting.

closed.