dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Swish code is NOT UNLOCKING

Swish code is NOT UNLOCKING

for some reason i can not unlock my swish code, I have already purchased it and i get an error code when i paste my key code in. the support swish gives is the same thing OVER AND OVER! i am getting really frustrated, if any one has any suggestions please let me know.
    thanks,
    brad
    brad@bradbuck.com
    www.bradbuck.com

have you placed a support call yet? the support staff at swish is very cooperative, so it's hard to believe for me that they're not helping...

sorry to say this, but if a support call doesn't help, you won't find any solutions here either.

Sorry to hear you are having problems, Bradbuck. I know that 1 or 2 users have had problems in the past, usually when they have not followed teh SwishZone support staff's instructions to the letter.

Make sure you have done everything they have instructed exactly as they explained, and I can say with 100% certainty that it will work.

Good luck!
    While changing my profile, I accidentally clicked the link that said
    "Add 'Dead Rabbit' to your Ignore List"
    so now I can't talk to myself anymore...

The Repository -:- The Forum

I can follow directions:

***This message was automatically generated by our support system, do not reply to this email***

Hello

Please follow these simple step-by-step instructions to unlock your copy of SWiSH2

STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS:

Note: Ensure your computer clock is set to the correct date and time before you unlock.

1. Start SWiSH2. The Unlock dialog box will appear.

2. Copy this Unlock Key to your clipboard (including '{' & '}'):

{********************************}

3. When you copy the Unlock Key to the clipboard of your computer the top button of the Unlock dialog will change to 'Paste Key'. Press the 'Paste Key' button to automatically insert and validate the Unlock Key.

4. Click 'OK' to dismiss the 'Congratulations! You have entered a valid key' dialog box.

************ PROBLEM IS HERE! *****************

- first of all i don't get an OK button all I get is UNlock or buy which means that I have to unlock it again, I am going around and around!

======== I got this yesterday from Support at SWISH ========
    An error 1019 indicates that you are trying to enter a key that has already been successfully entered. If the continue button is visible, press that button to continue using SWiSH.

well they did not give me enough information. I sent two messages today. but I don't know if they are working on sat.

i really want to get back to work on my site.

brad

Well, it appears the key has already been used, or the software has already been unlocked. If it has been more than 7 days since you last generated a key, you'll have to do that again.

Each time Swish is installed, it must have a new key. If you uninstalled and re-installed the software, the old key will not work. You can only generate one key every 7 days.

Unfortunately, we are not able to help you here (beyond guessing), as this forum is for help on using teh software, not technical support.

Hope you get it fixed soon!
    While changing my profile, I accidentally clicked the link that said
    "Add 'Dead Rabbit' to your Ignore List"
    so now I can't talk to myself anymore...

The Repository -:- The Forum

Are you using swish lite or swish 2.0?

Same problem

I too am having the same problem, ok, I understand that error 1019 mean you are using the same key, this is silly, as I was using swishmax all along which was already unlocked (paid for the software) and it just stopped working, and keeps asking me for a ite key!!!!! Very confused, need to finish a site.
    WildChili.com

Paying for the software does not automatically
    unlock it
    Which is why you need to select unlock
    go to the page
    when you are there make sure the email address
    you registered swishmax is included.
    This will allow swishzone to assign the reggistered
    number to your computer.

If you have entered in the compete key
    then the unlock is automatic

You must include the {} as part of the key
    You cannot/should should not copy the spaces
    before or afer the {}

We're not swishzone we try to help where we can.
    the swishzone bugs and licensing forum is where
    to post issues of this nature.

Frets
    Last edited by Frets; 10-06-2003 at 12:48 AM.

I know all this, I did all that, it seems that swishmax thinks the key that I paid for originally was a trial version, my workaround was to uninstall it then re-install it and then enter the key again, and it worked.

Now for the Swishzone support, I tried to enter a support call and all I got tonight was a survey type thingy, that asked four questions, and now method of entering the support call?? I am a registered user, I have a password for the support zone, did all that. Thats why I posted this here

Let's see if in 30 days it decides to ask me for a site key again, as far as I can tell, there is no way to tell if you are working on a trial version or a registered/purchased version.
    WildChili.com