dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: logo.. opinions please

logo.. opinions please

logo i created for a band named evilworx ...

nice idea but what you have there is too regular, the cross has been rotated exactly 45 degrees and your fonts are serif.

I'd say you need to get dirty, choose a font more characteristic of the band, play with it, move the letters around a little, don't do anything 'regularly'.

Check out the brushes and text avaliable from Angryblue.

The download section is below.

http://www.angryblue.com/downloads.shtml
    Hello.

av : the crucifix has to be the "X", so rotating it more would be a bit confusing,, and it would read like "evilwor", or "evilwort"
    about the fonts. i know what you mean. they don't please me but i can't find any font that suits them. either i find too "heavy" ones (they are not that heavy but for the name) or too complicated..

leebo: thanks for the link

thnx both

I find agree with aversion, I hope you dont mind but i did a few quikies along those lines, but then again ive ever heard the band so I could be way off.
    the cross needs to upside down to be evil.

you probly kmow about houseindustries.com, if you dont they can answer all your font needs.
    www.treelinemedia.ca

yup thx. knew that already. i know that the cross should be upside down, and had already thought of rotating it the four ways. the thing is that having the crucifix upside down is typical topic..

anyway made some changes with some old goth fonts.. and some grungy new ones. tell me what you think.

I like the 1st one the most. but the old english style text is alse very effective and gothic. good job

Originally posted by nayades
    av : the crucifix has to be the "X", so rotating it more would be a bit confusing,, and it would read like "evilwor", or "evilwort"
    I'm only thinking of rotating it 48 or 50 degrees rather than 45, it's a very subtle thing that the viewer might not even pick up on but sub consciously they will know that something isn't right with it because it's not fixed on that 45 degree angle. There are many tricks you can use which will have an effect on the way people view things like this without making it look radically different.

out of the new ones you've linked I like the font on number 4 but your cross should match the feeling of the font, make it smaller so it fits the font's stem, deconstruct it a bit, smudge it, take chunks out of it, mess it up.
    Last edited by aversion; 05-24-2003 at 02:22 PM.

i see.. i understand you now. many thanks

Originally posted by aversion
    I'm only thinking of rotating it 48 or 50 degrees rather than 45, it's a very subtle thing that the viewer might not even pick up on but sub consciously they will know that something isn't right with it because it's not fixed on that 45 degree angle. There are many tricks you can use which will have an effect on the way people view things like this without making it look radically different.

out of the new ones you've linked I like the font on number 4 but your cross should match the feeling of the font, make it smaller so it fits the font's stem, deconstruct it a bit, smudge it, take chunks out of it, mess it up.
    AVERSION--Screwing with minds near you.....soon...

My movie title.
    Hello.

finished version:

now that looks good, nice job nayades

why u gotta have a cricifx on there? specially with 'someone' on there. i dont think, unless they are a satanic band, u should use that. might giveppl the wrong idea.
    maybe.

Who said fallin off of a horse couldn't be an inspiration
    ....has been rotated exactly 45 degrees and your fonts are serif......
    its sans serif or no serifs. well i liked the original one it had a new age goth thing to it. on the redone ones i liked no 1 and i really liked th final, its nice to see how a work can progress with advice. good luck

martin
    BLING!

looks ok nayades

gtz
    d

Originally posted by RegalKnight
    its sans serif or no serifs. well i liked the original one it had a new age goth thing to it. on the redone ones i liked no 1 and i really liked th final, its nice to see how a work can progress with advice. good luck

martin
    oops, that's what I meant and I agree, the final one is good, it's nice to see how this thread worked.