A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Closing movie clip before opening the next.

Closing movie clip before opening the next.

Hi, I was wondering how you could set it up so when you click a button in your movie it closes the external .swf which is already open and then opens the new external .swf that you just selected. Here's an example...

On http://www.driftlab.com/, notice when you click one of the buttons it closes the currently open swf and it slowly disapears. When it is done with that it then moves onto the swf you selected.

I'm probably not explaining it very well at all, but if you do understand what I mean and could help I would really really appreciate it. Thanks!

It appears the external swf has a stop in the middle of it. The stop is where u see the content. When you click a button to go someplace else it plays the rest of the movie which is the closing stuff. And the external swf autmatically unloads itself and then loads the new one in.

It knows which one to load in I'm assuming because the URL to the next movie a a variable set each time you click a button.

Could be wrong but at least in my mind above would work.

Hey,
    Thanks, that sounds like it would work right there. But how do I set up the variables? Could you possibly show me or lead me to any good tutorials that could teach me exactly what I need to learn. I'd appreciate it. Thanks for what you've done already!