A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: looking for whoswe?

lol pancho.

Do you even work for whoswestudios?
    You dont even mention you have a website in your portfolio. lol
    just wondering.
    I can only postulate the probability of performing at a paramount level of perfection praised by the pulchritudinous paragon whose only practice is to preserve such a paradigm.

yes I do.

Re: Man you people are odd...

Originally posted by WSD_Studios
    I don't understand the beef you people have with Whos We. Could it be cause they get the clients instead of you? And who says everything on the web has to have a specific purpose. The day that happens is the day true creativity dies. Quite honestly, I don't think a good portion of you all have the right to complain as much as you are unless you are able to produce work of the same quality as Whos We.

nicely said. read this again everyone.
    maybe.

the day i can product a site as well as WW has been doing, i will be a happy designer. to be able to pokefun at 1000's of people with that video on their site. is so excellent.
    maybe.

Originally posted by Nionicle
    lol pancho.

Do you even work for whoswestudios?
    You dont even mention you have a website in your portfolio. lol
    just wondering.

LoL i had my suspicions too, theres a guy called WhosWeCEO too - is he genuine?

just wondering.

w w w . t h e o r y 7 . c o m nevil's Avatar
    Originally posted by PanchoPimp_XL
    Let's answer your first question..
    "If you don't care about bandwidth issues then why did you change your domain to reduce your bandwidth?"

Although I can not directly answer your question, I assure you we are not contradicting ourselves being that this change in domain names does not affect our workload.

To reinstate what I said earlier about 3d implemented into flash, I think you're beginning to get a little pushy as if you have some sort of bone to pick with Who's We. I think you missed the last sentence about optimization. Yeah, it IS true, anyone and their goat can export sequencials out of a 3d app and import them into flash, but there is a process that goes beyond that to determine optimal output that many people seem to overlook. I've seen many people attempt to bring in sequencials into a single movie that hit the 1mg mark almost instantly on several sites.

Now... about the preloader, it is acceptable to say you did not like it, after all, we are entitled to our own opinions, but I also think you forget that when we first launched our site, we showed the world that the web did not have to be so uptight and serious especially after reading the almost endless interviews of well known designers talking about their theories, and serious mindset. This preloader was just something that followed suit with our style, to get a few "he-he, ha-ha's" out of people saying "HA! looks like an XP preloader, they got me", plus it did it's job. We did not get a single complaint about the preloader in the first year of our launch. But just like any other joke, once it is said more than once, it loses its comedic value. It is also ironic you bring this up. We are revamping our site with a new preloader which will be up this week. This will also spark the production of the next version of Who's We.

And as for attracting serious clients, you'd be surprise how many CEOs appreciate not only the creative, but the comedic value our site exudes.
    firstly you didn;t answer the first question, you just said that you still have plenty of work on?!

secondly you are saying that the big deal with 3D in flash is some kind of special optimization, which your site definately does not have, the files are huge, so where is the optimization?

Thirdly I remember when your site first launched everyone loved it but lots of people commented on the preloader and that fact that you have just said that you are re-doing the preloader kind of sums it up, all I am doing is giving my opinion on something that could be improved, take it or leave it.

You guys really need to learn to take critisism, some of my early sites where torn apart by the flash community and I used these comments to improve myself and earn the respect of others, I think this is what you guys need to do.

nevil, wasnt your site origionally taken from the source of ego7?
    not having a dig, just pointing out that in some ways it isnt/wasnt (as youve changed it) your site.

but still.

back to whoswe.
    id give my left arm... and maybe a couple of toes to work for a company as laid back and cool as these.

fair enough im pretty certain that the big punchers would slap you onto the right track when the deadlines are looming, but to be able to take a break and chill after projects is a good thing.
    most companies that ive been to dont do this. once a project is finished another is dumped on the desk.
    and most of the time the mid/senior designers had a whole bunch of projects running at the same time.
    stress levels were through the roof.

why take life seriously? thats the job for the suits.

personally i think ww are doing a grand job. they are showing the world that the internet can be fun. that 3d can be an intergral part of the web, and that corporate businesses can come across as having a sense of humour too.

ok fair enough not all of the sites we have seen have hit the mark correctly.
    but the majority of them have.
    and those that havent was most probably down to the clients anyways.
    (and a few have lacked on tiny details....no biggy)

dont forget that if i am a client paying for whos we to make me a website about microwaves... i ask for a 3d microwave... do you think i would be happy with a 3d oven?
    no.
    they do as the client asks... as its the client who is paying the wages.

people on this site are too eager to critisise others... and the majority of the crit seems to be dirrected at ww.
    now that i really dont understand?

then again this arguament has been said before when ceo was online. the fact that most of the people on here havent worked for a company before. or had paying clients.

once you do you'll realise how business actually works.
    and top respect to ww for trying to make WORK just that little bit more fun.

oh, about the name. my assumptions would be that they did the similar thing that 2a did.
    2a changed it to studios to give it a bigger feel... that it was no longer a one man band.
    it sounds more professional.

when you say whoswe.com that could be anything. but whoswestudios gives an imediate connection to what they do.

just my 0.02 of rambling before work.
    fishpiracy
    ...The Eror Group...
    Rockdirect base, 17" laptop.
    core duo 2.3ghz 512mb graphics
    2gb ram 80gb hdd +goodies.

Originally posted by aversion
    I vote whoswe offices as the next reality tv fly on the wall show
    After watching the about video on the website, I concur. This would be an excellent idea.

he he, i can just imagine it.

Originally posted by Onionboy
    not having a dig, just pointing out that in some ways it isnt/wasnt (as youve changed it) your site.
    wtf are you talking about? Who told you that nevil's site was taken from the source of ego7?

ego7 only came out last year, egomedia was out with the whole bevels thing a couple of years before that, but other than bevels what on theory7 now is anything to do with ego7? You think nevil took the source to ego7? That's more than a dig my friend, not only is it a completely ridiculous accusation but it also has nothing to do with this thread, you obviously are just trying to have a dig.

the flash store uses bevels, other than that there is nothing, nothing that is the same about theory7 and ego7, no "source", all the code is 100% original. I'd like to see you put images in textboxes.

If you want to have a dig, have a frigging dig at someone who hasn't just produced a site like theory7.com.

w w w . t h e o r y 7 . c o m nevil's Avatar
    to onionboy, yes my first site did take influence from egomedia, but I didn't use their source, how dare you say that, and my current site the flash store has no influence, your a prick for saying that, I'm sorry I really get abusive on these boards as anyone will tell you but when someone works so hard for so long and someone makes a stupid comment likes that it really pisses me off.

Originally posted by Onionboy
    oh, about the name. my assumptions would be that they did the similar thing that 2a did.
    2a changed it to studios to give it a bigger feel... that it was no longer a one man band.
    it sounds more professional.
    I don't think anyone here cares why they renamed it, I think it's a good idea, the original question is why abandon the old domain, 2a didn't just abandon 2advanced.com and work under 2advancedstudios.com did they?

as I said in my original post, the new splash page is great but why just abandon the old domain?

the new splash page is great but why just abandon the old domain?
    Hawaiian Sunstroke..

yo, aversion and nevil relax for a second.
    tag team this kid why dont you.
    im sure he just heard that source thing somewhere. he didnt just pull it out of the blue. you could have cleared it up for him a little nicer. sheesh.

nice work WW.
    maybe.

Originally posted by aversion
    I don't think anyone here cares why they renamed it, I think it's a good idea, the original question is why abandon the old domain, 2a didn't just abandon 2advanced.com and work under 2advancedstudios.com did they?

as I said in my original post, the new splash page is great but why just abandon the old domain?
    Bad business decision to do away with the original domain name. Just doesn't make sense.

Originally posted by gdstudios
    Bad business decision to do away with the original domain name. Just doesn't make sense.
    I totaly agree.

It always rains here!
    Originally posted by nevil
    to onionboy, yes my first site did take influence from egomedia, but I didn't use their source, how dare you say that, and my current site the flash store has no influence, your a prick for saying that, I'm sorry I really get abusive on these boards as anyone will tell you but when someone works so hard for so long and someone makes a stupid comment likes that it really pisses me off.
    Fair play, don't think he meant it in a detrimental manner - even if it does read like that - I think his comment was more suggestive than being assumptious!?

You going to Internet World by the way?

Can we all please stop acting like children? If someone says something you don't like, let it sliiiiiiiiide. This type of bickering is unbecoming of Flashkit and useless.

Board at Work
    That "how we do it" video is great. To say it has no corporate value is a bit silly. It is different, funny, and everyone I know that has seen it likes it. Why wouldn't the CEO of a company feel the same way?

Showing products in a creative and different way is what separates products from their competitors. Marketing campaigns are often the only real distinction people use when choosing one product over another.

Which would you buy....the same BS, keyword stuffed, industry buzzwordy crap that noone reads, or something that made you laugh and shows the creativity needed to make your product stand out above the crowd?

I know what I would pick.
    --------------------------------------------------
    ryan fitzgerald
    www.lostbeauty.com

Did someone else say the How We Do It video was not very corporate-like? I didn't. I was merely stating that after watching that video and having that goofball WhosweCEO show up at Flashkit, I could see a Whoswe reality show going over really well.